Can I Direct my built-in domain to a SPECIFIC, Un-Linked Page besides my homepage?

Go to solution Solved by derricksrandomviews,

Site URL: http://www.rossmannguitar.com

Afternoon,

I'm a longtime Squarespace user and have hosted my site here for some 9-10 years.    I've started a new side hustle of sort requiring a digital portfolio,  but I am not ready to establish a separate webspace,  so I hope to publish an unlisted page on my current account.

Is it possible to direct/point my Built-in domain to an unlisted page so that I might keep my two 'brands' completely separate on the web? 

If not, might I have other options?     Is a sub-domain my only option?

Finally,  as I still have ample space on the server,   remind me - if I were to register a 2nd domain,  could I either Map or Point the 2nd domain to a particular page on my site,  or would ANY domain always point to the site homepage??

Thanks!

Ross Mann

• Replies 3
  • Views 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

9 minutes ago, rossmannguitar said:

Is it possible to direct/point my Built-in domain to an unlisted page so that I might keep my two 'brands' completely separate on the web? 

A Squarespace site can only have one active domain (other than the built in .squarespace.com one. If you add other domains (or subdomains) they'll all redirect the the primary domain. It ensures you can't host two sites on one subscription 🙂. Masked forwarding can work but as it uses an iFrame, I don't recommend it.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• Solution

You can third party host a domain and point it, actually url forward it  to any page url (subdomain), on your site including  unlinked pages.  You would use the domain hosting configuration to make this happen. I did it using Hover domain hosting but others should work including Tucows or google domains. 

Edited by derricksrandomviews
7 minutes ago, derricksrandomviews said:

You can third party host a domain and point it, actually url forward it  to any page url, on your site including unlinked pages.

Yes, that’s the masked forwarding I referred to above. 🙂

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.