Switching my URL to new demo template

Hi @sublenko

If you have created a new trial site with the intention to have it replacing the old side once you'd have the new site ready, then the process would be upgrading the new site to paid service, moving the domain over to that new site, canceling the new site and eventually filling out a refund form (if the old site would be on an annual plan). There's more details about all these steps in this help guide here:

Starting over - Option 4 - Start a new site

For any further questions you might have about this process, please reach out to Squarespace Customer Support for personalized assistance. 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

@Susana_SQSP  So, so I have to pay hundreds of dollars more to just move the domain from one unpublished site to another unpublished site, and then ask for a refund? I saw on one spot that they don't do refund after 14 days?

This is so frustrating. I chose a template and worked in it for a week. After a week I looked for something better for my needs. I actually had to go to a third-party site which curated the templates better than SquareSpace, then I spent a week in there. Now I'm ready to move the domain over.  

14 minutes ago, Confictura said:

@Susana_SQSP  So, so I have to pay hundreds of dollars more to just move the domain from one unpublished site to another unpublished site, and then ask for a refund? I saw on one spot that they don't do refund after 14 days?

This is so frustrating. I chose a template and worked in it for a week. After a week I looked for something better for my needs. I actually had to go to a third-party site which curated the templates better than SquareSpace, then I spent a week in there. Now I'm ready to move the domain over.  

I've done this in the past and messaged support and explained what I was doing. They had me send a screenshot of the new plan active and then refunded and I received it quickly. It's a way for them to make sure you aren't doing just a refund to get around the 14 day refund period.