Is there a way to show an active nav item for an unlinked page?

Site URL: https://pineapple-clavichord-2pey.squarespace.com/work/spot-tango

I wasn't happy with the limitations of the portfolio page to display my work, so I built one using a gallery instead. You click the gallery images to navigate to the projects, which are just unlinked pages. However, I'd like the "Work" nav item to be active once you click into an individual project. Is there a way to do this?

This is the site in question (still a huge work in progress): https://pineapple-clavichord-2pey.squarespace.com/work/spot-tango

Edited by janalaidlaw
Adding url
7 hours ago, janalaidlaw said:

I wasn't happy with the limitations of the portfolio page to display my work, so I built one using a gallery instead. You click the gallery images to navigate to the projects, which are just unlinked pages. However, I'd like the "Work" nav item to be active once you click into an individual project. Is there a way to do this?

Have you tried setting the link on gallery yet?

It could be better if you can share your site with the protected password so we can take a look your issue

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!