Facebook, Instagram & Your online E commerce store, please advise/help!

Site URL: https://www.ihsanishan.com/

Hi Everyone,

I have an online ecommerce store. I set up facebook business page with the "catalog" that has all my products from my website. However, does Squarespace automatically send your products (meaning anything new you have added to your website) to the Facebook business catalog? For some reason they automatically get added in my Facebook, however the TYPE (description of item) is warbled. I'm approved for Instagram shopping, BUT from my facebook catalog it automatically uploads into instagram but again TYPE (description of item) is warbled! I have to go back into Facebook catalog and fix the type so it looks good on instagram. But for some reason everytime I add new product on squarespace, the editing (making the type look good on facebook catalog) gets erased, and I have to go back in and edit every single product!! Any help or advise is greatly appreciated! 

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Sangeetha

If you're uploading your products with a direct data feed from your website, each time it refreshes it will override the changes you have made on Facebook - including the description.
You would have to make the changes in Squarespace (but that might not fix the messed up text) or add a supplementary feed to override certain attributes, like the description. This feed is generally just a csv or sheets/excel file with a product identifier (e.g. SKU) for each row and a field you want to change in each subsequent column.

• 2 months later...

If you are on a Commerce plan:

Go to Commerce > Facebook & Instagram.

Copy the store link and then click the Add Link to Meta button. You'll then be able to configure the catalogue upload within the Commerce area of Meta Business Manager.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.