Adding Giropay as a payment method for my site

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

• Solution
4 hours ago, SaraSara said:

I would like to add Giropay payment method for my website

This isn't possible on Squarespace. The document is for web servers but Squarespace is serverless.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

On 12/13/2021 at 2:10 PM, SaraSara said:

So there is no way to add other method ?

Correct. You cannot add another payment method to the Squarespace checkout. If you want to use another payment method (other than PayPal, Apple Pay and payment cards) you'll need to use an alternative commerce solution, for example Shopify supports Giropay and so does Ecwid. Both services have 'buy buttons' that you can embed in a Squarespace website to allow customers to view items on your site but then buy them using the other service's commerce service. For example, How to use Shopify Buy Buttons with Squarespace.

If this post has helped you, please click a 'Like' or 'Thanks' icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• Susana_SQSP changed the title to Adding Giropay as a payment method for my site

@cromero311

It is possible but there are caveats that @paul2009 covers in his post earlier.

If you can be more specific about what pay now button from which provider you want to use we may be able to be more helpful.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, imagetoimpact said:

any ideas for code to allow this to be embedded or starting points with this?

As explained above, you cannot add another payment method to the Squarespace checkout. You'll need to use an alternative commerce solution to use swipesimple or authorize.net.