Border Around Each Blog List for alternating side by side layout

On my blog's home page, I have the posts listed in alternating side by side blog layout. I am looking to wrap each post with a border. I want the border to butt up to the image and then follow and go around the text. I have found how to make a border on JUST the image, but can't figure out how to code the entire listed post (image and excerpt).

• Replies 2
  • Views 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be easier for the community to answer your post if you include a link to the blog page. If the site isn't live, please also set a password in the visibility settings and share this too. 🙂

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Blog listings are not as easy to redesign or enhance as are summary block items. If you use a summary block page as you main blog lising page, you will be able to make all kinds of visual changes using code. My site has my own design for blog posts. I added a drop shadow border but it would not be hard to make it any kind of border. Here is a code example for a simple border. 

.sqs-block-summary-v2 .summary-item {
border-style: solid;
  border-color: red;
  border-width: 2px;
}

https://myrandomviews.com/storyarchive

Edited by derricksrandomviews