Any feedback on my site for DJ Lessons & Courses would be hugely appreciated!

• Replies 3
  • Views 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, iamfy745 said:

The website is overall very amazing according to its topic but the animation looks pretty over you applied animation on everything there. Also the buttons color looks pretty dull you can make it little more brighter thanks.

The animation as in each section fading in as you scroll? I think that was on by default for every section, can look at changing it though. Thanks for the feedback! 

Hi,

The feedback is my opinion from my experience as a graphic, UX/UI designer and a everyday reader to your site.

Overall:
The website is very good, neat and not too complicated

1. Having a captcha when someone subscribes to your mailing list is more of a repeller, most people don't like to sign up for a mailing list, more so not to because there's a captcha. I would remove it but if its safety you're looking for than keep it.
  2. Footer links: refund policy and so on.... don't need underlines, also the double spacing between the rows/links is quite separated. Make them closer by pressing SHIFT+ENTER, I assume you just pressed enter?
  3. I feel the hero image is too large and the points are too large and spaced out. You can condense them in a row and show icons ontop. For example:

PURSUE YOUR PASSION FOR MUSIC
    YOUR LOGO

ICON HERE                     ICON HERE                       ICON HERE
DJ COURSES & Lessons || ONLINE | WORLDWIDE || IN PERSON | LONDON

1. I feel the "if you're" and "you'll gain" needs to be in a table or cards like this without the imageDesign & Code Article Card HTML CSS (Part 2 of 2) | XO PIXEL - YouTube

2. I am not to keen with the brown / dark nude color with the navy colour, to me it doesn't work. But if its your brand colours, stick with it
  3. Your internet tab logo is light green / white / light gray? Change it to black
  4. Pictures of the PNG headphones and earplugs...... they are next to boxed pictures and doesn't match the picture/image aesthetics. You have this neon, night, vibrant images going on throughout your website which I really like cause it captures who you are and what you offer. But the floating headphones and earplugs is a no, just looks weird and out of place. Something like this would look way better:
  5. 3 Ways To DJ In Just Your Headphones - Digital DJ Tips

• 6 months later...
On 12/19/2021 at 2:40 PM, hasher22 said:

Hi,

The feedback is my opinion from my experience as a graphic, UX/UI designer and a everyday reader to your site.

Overall:
The website is very good, neat and not too complicated

1. Having a captcha when someone subscribes to your mailing list is more of a repeller, most people don't like to sign up for a mailing list, more so not to because there's a captcha. I would remove it but if its safety you're looking for than keep it.
  2. Footer links: refund policy and so on.... don't need underlines, also the double spacing between the rows/links is quite separated. Make them closer by pressing SHIFT+ENTER, I assume you just pressed enter?
  3. I feel the hero image is too large and the points are too large and spaced out. You can condense them in a row and show icons ontop. For example:

PURSUE YOUR PASSION FOR MUSIC
    YOUR LOGO

ICON HERE                     ICON HERE                       ICON HERE
DJ COURSES & Lessons || ONLINE | WORLDWIDE || IN PERSON | LONDON

1. I feel the "if you're" and "you'll gain" needs to be in a table or cards like this without the imageDesign & Code Article Card HTML CSS (Part 2 of 2) | XO PIXEL - YouTube

2. I am not to keen with the brown / dark nude color with the navy colour, to me it doesn't work. But if its your brand colours, stick with it
  3. Your internet tab logo is light green / white / light gray? Change it to black
  4. Pictures of the PNG headphones and earplugs...... they are next to boxed pictures and doesn't match the picture/image aesthetics. You have this neon, night, vibrant images going on throughout your website which I really like cause it captures who you are and what you offer. But the floating headphones and earplugs is a no, just looks weird and out of place. Something like this would look way better:
  5. 3 Ways To DJ In Just Your Headphones - Digital DJ Tips

hey, firstly thank you very much for taking the time to give your feedback and apologies it has taken me so long to respond.

1. have removed the captcha from newsletter
2. there's no option to remove underlines but have just now added some code to remove. i think i separated them because i kept getting search console mobile usability issues saying clickable elements were too close together and that was one of the only things i could see that was close to each other.

thank you for the SHIFT + ENTER tip! that was doing my head in for a long time in some other areas where i couldn't reduce the spacing
3. not sure exactly what this looked like at the time but i believe i've updated the hero images on my main pages, possibly some of the text. they're still fullscreen though as i just feel it looks a bit strange and not that aesthetic to have the hero image only cover half the page and then text etc come in or be half cut off underneath?
4. have moved this into cards along with a lot of other sections on my 3 main pages. the main reason i didn't use cards in the first place is they're not that easily customisable on squarespace and a bit of a pain to work with e.g. if you only have 2 columns the cards are huge even if you only have a small amount of text. i actually just had to use a blank coloured image with text inside instead of a card for these sections in particular as i couldn't get the spacing and padding close to how i wanted it.
5. tbh i had kind of chosen the navy colour and this was one of the only colours i liked enough that i thought went with it, i've lightened it a bit for all the cards etc. which i think maybe works better. it's also hard though because obviously the colours display differently on different devices and may not be translating the same as how it looks for me. may be something to look at changing down the line.
6. i think at the time i may have just had this white/gray. i use dark mode so never noticed it as an issue. i didn't want to change to black as I, and i assume probably a fair amount of other people, use dark mode so i've added a background to the white to make it visible on both
7. yeah i agree, i kind of just put those boxed pictures of USB etc. as i was struggling to find a decent quality PNG to match the others... overall i don't think the pages looked very consistent with the images/icons/pngs so i've decided to change everything over to icons for a more consistent feel. i think (hope) the site looks a lot more polished overall now.

thanks again for the feedback!