Adding GTIN Barcode Numbers to Inventory

1 hour ago, LeahU said:

I am trying to add GTIN Barcode Numbers to my inventory on my ss site so that it can work correctly with google merchant centre

Squarespace doesn't have a way of recording global identifiers (GTIN, ISBN and so on) yet, so cannot be used to directly feed a product catalogue on another service like Google.

The only workaround is to export your product inventory from Squarespace into a third party product where you can add the global identifiers (and other essential information) to convert it into a product feed.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Site URL: https://www.delicario.com/

I managed to setup an automatic feed from our online shop to Google Merchant center but the product id's don't match the ones that Google Merchant Center seems to receive. I fixed the usual GTIN issue but don't know how to fix matching the product id's and have no idea why they are different. Does anyone has some experience with this? Is this something that could be fixed with third party extensions?

Many thanks, Alex

Can you be more specific about what you’ve done, how you’ve done it and which step isn’t working?

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Setting up the automatic feed was not too difficult. In addition I had to setup a feed rule regarding missing GTIN identifiers.

Now the problem is that the product ID arriving at the Google Merchant Center for some mysterious reason doesn't match the product ID in Squarespace. Please find attached two screenshots of first the Google Feed and second the Squarespace ID taken from the inventory.

As long as they are not matching, i am not able to setup Dynamic Remarketing with the Google support team. 

The free listings and shopping listings work.

feed-extracted-from-google-merchant.jpg

feed-extracted-from-squaresapce.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the middle of working on ramping up my Squarespace SEO so I can take advantage of better margins and keep running into these kind of issues. May I suggest Squarespace be a whole lot more proactive in this area. Saying that I have to spend time researching and finding a third party workaround and possibly need to spend additional funds is not an answer. Why not just move to another platform that is more all inclusive? That's what my SEO advisory service keeps hammering on. Think about it! Time to step up the game Squarespace.

47 minutes ago, JDWAtlanta said:

Saying that I have to spend time researching and finding a third party workaround and possibly need to spend additional funds is not an answer.

I recommend that you contact Squarespace directly. This forum is answered by Squarespace customers. We try to help other Squarespace users but we cannot resolve platform limitations. 🙂

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 2/18/2022 at 10:31 AM, bogdan said:

You can either do a manual feed in Google Sheets and add in the GTIN manually or, depending on how you integrate, you can set the barcode as the SKU in Squarespace...

I've attempted this, however every 8 hrs Squarespace changes the ID to a random generated id (example below).  Google then disapproves via Merchant center and even when I change the raw data back to a UPC code, 8 hrs later it's changed back to the squarespace ID and disapproved.

0a15434f-89cb-4109-9eca-5284c8ac144

Edited by ToyHutt

It seems I'm unable to change the GTIN of my items via Squarespace. Because of this, I'm receiving disapproved or invalid as I'm unable to update UPC codes raw data. Every 8 hrs, Squarespace is changing the UPC (ID) that I manually update via Google Merchant center back to a random generated ID (example - 0a15434f-89cb-4109-9eca-5284c8ac144c).

Anyone else using Google Merchant Center that's has a work around for this issue?  I'm unable to find where to update this item ID in Square to the actual UPC code of the item so Google accepts it.

• 1 month later...

If I make the update to the Google Merchant Center it fails again on the next api call since there is no field in squarespace to populate. The google sheet has to be recreated each time there are changes or additions to products in the store. Anyone find any resolutions or workarounds?

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...