Coding for Header spacing

Site URL: https://silver-guava-8nph.squarespace.com/

Hi! I'm new to SquareSpace and CSS, but have been learning a lot by searching in this Forum. My current dilemma is that I'd like to have less space between the social icons in the header than there is between the menu items in the header. I found the following code, but it's only partially gotten me where I need to be: it does decrease the space between icons without decreasing the space between menu headings, but it also gets rid of the space between the last menu heading (Programs) and the first social icon (Facebook). I'd like to have the ''normal'' (i.e. wider) spacing between those two. What am I missing? And thanks!

.header-actions-action--social .icon {
  margin: 5px 5px !important;
}

Also, FYI, our site URL will probably change sometime this week - we're in the process of transferring our domain name (sustainabilitymatters.earth) over to it. When that gets closer to happening, I will probably just get rid of the custom CSS code unless I have a fix already, since it looks worse now than with everything evenly spaced!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, SariC said:

Hi! I'm new to SquareSpace and CSS, but have been learning a lot by searching in this Forum. My current dilemma is that I'd like to have less space between the social icons in the header than there is between the menu items in the header. I found the following code, but it's only partially gotten me where I need to be: it does decrease the space between icons without decreasing the space between menu headings, but it also gets rid of the space between the last menu heading (Programs) and the first social icon (Facebook). I'd like to have the ''normal'' (i.e. wider) spacing between those two. What am I missing? And thanks!

}

Also, FYI, our site URL will probably change sometime this week - we're in the process of transferring our domain name (sustainabilitymatters.earth) over to it. When that gets closer to happening, I will probably just get rid of the custom CSS code unless I have a fix already, since it looks worse now than with everything evenly spaced!

Do you mean space between 2 nav item?

image.png.a1bbbb51e03ce229fb01f1cf7f1c5456.png

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date format)
💫 Animated Buttons (Referral URL)
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

On 12/7/2021 at 4:56 AM, SariC said:

}

You can check site url? The site url doesn't exist

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)