HTML Editor keeps crashing all the time

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, luislovera said:

I've been trying updating some content in the website for the last 3 days and the editor keeps crashing on me all the time. This is painful. Does anyone else have this same issue and have find a workaround? 

I'm using Chrome and MacOS.

Hi @luislovera also try to use text blocks not code blocks only.

SquareRefresh, premium plugins & templates that have an elevated feel.

Plugins: Have your site stand out. 
Templates: Our templates are designed with versatility in mind.
Get Freebies: Sometimes things in life are free. Browser our hand selected free plugins.

• 8 months later...

I've been having this issue for the past ~2 months or so, incredibly frustrating. And forget it being an issue isolated to the site editor: I can't even GET INTO the back-end of my website. My Chrome browser freezes completely solid the moment I click one of the websites I manage in "Account Dashboard", stays frozen for 10 minutes, then crashes. So incredibly frustrating, and using another browser platform is also a time-waster, as Safari doesn't have any of my bookmarks, saved passwords, articles, etc....all of the tools I use to work on websites.

This issue started out of nowhere, and I've tried so many methods to resolve...blocking video autoplay, making sure my ad blocker isn't running, cleaning my cache/cookies as the formal SS guidance for this issue (mentioned by a commenter above), disabling Chrome extensions on SS specifically, etc. I'm running on a MacBook Pro purchased in 2019, with impressively solid Starlink internet with totally above-far upload/download speeds.

Did you ever find a permanent solution, or are you still experiencing the issue?

Edited by vhadick
Tweaked to reflect I've tried the Squarespace-provided solutions for this problem, which were ineffective.