Remove site title link from homepage

On my client's homepage, the site title is an active link (on hover shows underline and finger pointer) but goes nowhere, since the browser is already on the homepage.

<!--SITE TITLE OR LOGO-->

<h1 data-content-field="site-title" class="site-title ">
	<a href="/" class="site-title-link">

This is the site title

</a>
</h1>

She finds this behavior confusing and would like to disable it (only on the homepage). I cannot find a way to disable/hide the link. Searching the forum did not reveal a solution for this specific case, and the code I tried below did not work.

.homepage h1 a:link a:hover {
  display: none !important;
  text-decoration: none  !important;
}

This seems pretty basic, so I'm guessing I'm missing something obvious. Thanks for any help, no matter how embarrassing to me.

Galapagos template, v . 7.0

2 hours ago, SmDDB said:

On my client's homepage, the site title is an active link (on hover shows underline and finger pointer) but goes nowhere, since the browser is already on the homepage.

<!--SITE TITLE OR LOGO-->

<h1 data-content-field="site-title" class="site-title ">
	<a href="/" class="site-title-link">

This is the site title

</a>
</h1>

She finds this behavior confusing and would like to disable it (only on the homepage). I cannot find a way to disable/hide the link. Searching the forum did not reveal a solution for this specific case, and the code I tried below did not work.

.homepage h1 a:link a:hover {
  display: none !important;
  text-decoration: none  !important;
}

This seems pretty basic, so I'm guessing I'm missing something obvious. Thanks for any help, no matter how embarrassing to me.

Galapagos template, v . 7.0

Can you share your site with the protected password to check your issue?

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/205815528-Site-wide-passwords

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

11 hours ago, MidnightClub said:

Hi @SmDDB,

Try this:

#collection-5d01791ff7754c00012b4be8{

.site-title-link{pointer-events: none;}

}

Basically only on the homepage, you deactivate the possibility to have an action on click on the logo.

Cheers,
Fab

Totally worked, Fab, thanks so much. I saw where you got it; I'm new to collections, so this is a learning experience. Really appreciate this!

— David

Edited by SmDDB

As you want this to apply to the homepage you don't need to worry about identifying and using a Collection ID as you can use the homepage class like you did in your first example. 🙂

.homepage .site-title-link {
  pointer-events: none;
}

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

On 12/7/2021 at 11:03 AM, paul2009 said:

you don't need to worry about identifying and using a Collection ID as you can use the homepage class

Love that homepage class. I don't know if its always been available but when I found it, it makes my brain hurt less when I need to quickly apply an effect to the homepage only. Or exclude an effect from the homepage with the use of :not! 🙂

Edited by creedon

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 1 year later...
On 12/7/2021 at 2:03 PM, paul2009 said:

As you want this to apply to the homepage you don't need to worry about identifying and using a Collection ID as you can use the homepage class like you did in your first example. 🙂

.homepage .site-title-link {
}

Hi @paul2009, I'm trying to use this code

.site-title-link {
  pointer-events: none !important;
}

to disable the site title link on the whole site for my client. The ultimate goal would for it to link back to the "about" page, but just disable the link in general would work for now. 

This is the in process site: https://www.michellememran.com/about 
if you need a password anywhere it is: LWD

The above code in Custom CSS is not working for me... any tips?

5 minutes ago, LaurenZA said:

I'm trying to use this code to disable the site title link on the whole site for my client. 

As this is an old Wells template, the selector is different, so it would be something like this:

.logo.site-title a {
}

If you want to redirect it, the site will need to be on a Business Plan or above as you'll need to use JavaScript for this.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

5 minutes ago, paul2009 said:

As this is an old Wells template, the selector is different, so it would be something like this:

.logo.site-title a {
}

If you want to redirect it, the site will need to be on a Business Plan or above as you'll need to use JavaScript for this.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

This worked great!! Thank you!!

This is a business plan site, so I would be interested in the JavaScript option if you don't mind sharing. 

1 hour ago, LaurenZA said:

I would be interested in the JavaScript option

Add the following to Website > Pages > Website Tools > Code Injection > FOOTER.

<script>

document.addEventListener ( 'DOMContentLoaded', ( ) => {

// logo site title url change

const url = '/about';

// do not change anything below, there be the borg here

const selector = '#logo .logo.site-title a';

document

.querySelector ( selector )

.setAttribute ( 'href', url );

} );

</script>

This is for v7.0 using the Wells template.

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Miky said:

Hey, please what about my page https://blog.malleen.app/ ?
I want remove  link from logo. Can anybody help please ? 

Add these code on Custom CSS panel in Website Utilities Website Tools > Custom CSS.

.header-title-logo a{
}

If my comments are useful, please like and mark my solution as answer. It will encourage me. Thanks

MD Rofik
Website Designer and Digital Marketer

Am I helpful? Want to offer me a coffee?
Send me a message if needed any help. I'll try to reply as soon as possible.

3 hours ago, Miky said:

Hey, please what about my page https://blog.malleen.app/
I want remove  link from logo.

Add these code on Custom CSS panel in Website Utilities Website Tools > Custom CSS.

.header-title-logo a{
}

If my comments are useful, please like and mark my solution as answer. It will encourage me. Thanks

MD Rofik
Website Designer and Digital Marketer

Am I helpful? Want to offer me a coffee?
Send me a message if needed any help. I'll try to reply as soon as possible.