multiple email names

Hi all,

I've had the Gsuite for my website for a long time, with two emails (myname@ and a generic hello@). I’m paying for GSuite twice and it’s very expensive. Is there a way I’m able to have multiple mailboxes for each person In my team using the same domain without paying the $72pa each time? It seems very expensive for an email (I realise there’s more to GSuite/workspace than just email but that’s all I’m using!)

Many thanks for any advice and hopefully I’ve just misunderstood how Workspace works. 

Tom

You can set up aliases for real email address you have set up in Google Workspace. It's been awhile since I've done it so I don't have specific instructions or links.

Google WS is pretty good about documentation so a search on Google should give you some directions.

One thing you'll want to make sure to do is for the real email address you want to turn into an alias, get those emails backed up or moved somewhere so that when the real email address goes away you don't lose emails.

In general one way to do this would be to forward email from the address that is to be turned into an alias to another real email address.

Really there are a number of ways this dance could be done and it's really easy to loose emails. Unless you've done these kinds of things before you will probably want to hire a consultant to help you.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.