Custom code to block IP address?

How can I block a specific IP address with Squarespace 7.0? I'm assuming it requires custom code. I'm only finding guides to ban IP addresses for Squarespace 5. The previous three websites I've used prior to Squarespace had the option (though I never needed it then). Now I am in a situation where I need to block an IP address and am running into trouble. I'm on the highest, most advanced plan for Squarespace so I have access to all options/settings.

1 hour ago, kds_on_ss said:

How can I block a specific IP address with Squarespace 7.0?

This was a built in feature on version 5, but it isn't available on later versions. To do this, you'd need to use a third party reverse proxy service that offers this feature, like Cloudflare.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 7 months later...
On 12/5/2021 at 4:51 PM, kds_on_ss said:

How can I block a specific IP address with Squarespace 7.0? I'm assuming it requires custom code. I'm only finding guides to ban IP addresses for Squarespace 5. The previous three websites I've used prior to Squarespace had the option (though I never needed it then). Now I am in a situation where I need to block an IP address and am running into trouble. I'm on the highest, most advanced plan for Squarespace so I have access to all options/settings.

I have someone who is going to one of my ss sites and harassing me (not through a form) so I am also looking for the same functionality,  I think SS makes you buy their top plan to be able to add a line of code from a purchased third party web tool (which you have to buy). If there is another way I am anxiously waiting. 

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...