CSS Header customisation, please help, going nuts :-)

Site URL: https://dodecahedron-orchid-lh4b.squarespace.com/home

Hi Guys, 

been trying to get this done on my own with google for a while now and I'm at the point of giving up, I've noticed the amazingly helpful people on this forum so fingers crossed one of you can help 🙂 

the site is: https://dodecahedron-orchid-lh4b.squarespace.com/home

PWD: PleaseHelp

Essentially I'm trying to do the following: 

Home page is the simple landing you can see, with a dropdown menu, keeping it as clean as possible, what I'm trying to work out is the following: 

- Keeping the "Menu" folder in the top right corner so the text drops on the darker area of the image (Also, is there a way to have the "Menu" folder all the way on the right side of the page?  Slotting social media buttons on it's left rather than right)

but... 

- on the remainder of the website I would like for the header to have visible "cart", "social buttons" etc. in a Merry Christmas wonder world the ideal scenario would be to have a whole menu in the header on the rest of the website rather than a drop down, keeping the dropdown only for the "cover page", but I can't find a way of doing this? 

P.S.: I have found CSS that hides the cart etc. on a single page, but that will still offset the "menu" dropdown further away from the top right side

Please help 🙂

P.S.2: If someone is willing to email back and forth with me as I keep trying to crack various other things, I would be hugely appreciative, can't afford to hire a designer to do the whole website, but will gladly get a box of wine shipped your way, or better yet, a print of your choice 🙂 

Edited by johnjb
  • Replies 3
  • Views 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Tuanphan,

thanks a lot for the response! I have the menu folder there and social links+cart which I want to hide on the home page. 

I don't know how to add navigation buttons to both the Menu folder but also standalone, except for duplicating the pages? Though some pages, like store page, doesn't seem to be possible to duplicate? 

I have also tried to add the social links to the footer but they don't seem to appear at all, no matter what I do? 

Thanks!

On 12/8/2021 at 10:33 PM, johnjb said:

Hi Tuanphan,

thanks a lot for the response! I have the menu folder there and social links+cart which I want to hide on the home page. 

I don't know how to add navigation buttons to both the Menu folder but also standalone, except for duplicating the pages? Though some pages, like store page, doesn't seem to be possible to duplicate? 

I have also tried to add the social links to the footer but they don't seem to appear at all, no matter what I do? 

Thanks!

I just sent an answer in another post. You try checking

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)