Dumb move of the day - footer no longer displays

Go to solution Solved by creedon,

In a moment of stupidity I added this script 

<style>

header, footer {

display:none;

}

</style>

to a page footer rather than in "settings>advanced>code injection>footer".  My footer no longer displays on any of my pages and of course I can't change it because it no longer displays. How do I extricate myself? Thanks in advance.

• Solution

Add the following to Settings > Advanced > Code Injection > FOOTER.

<style>

footer {

display : unset;

}

</style>

This should restore your footer.

Remove the offending code from your footer.

Remove the above code.

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 1 year later...

You ever make the same dumb move immediately after reading about how someone did the same dumb move? In the exact same way?

I just did what this guy did, word for word:

To boot, I have no idea what the original code was exactly (I didn't copy it anywhere before pulling it off one of whichever tutorials), and the anti-idiot code that @creedon suggested isn't doing it when I put it into the Settings>Code 

Anti-idiot code I have in Code Injection:

<style>

/* Footer */

Footer.sections {display:unset !important;}

</style>

I'm ready to throw the whole thing away. Can anyone help me before I have to go back to the client and embarrass myself in public?

5 hours ago, RoseMraz said:

You ever make the same dumb move immediately after reading about how someone did the same dumb move?

Please see the following.

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• Eunice_SQSP changed the title to Dumb move of the day - footer no longer displays