Template not available?

I'm just starting and I have only one site in my dashboard now. Problem is, I can't find templates.

What I'm Doing:  From the Dashboard I click on the 'Go to Website' button, and then the following page on the left column there are choices: Pages, Design, Commerce, Marketing Etc.

When clicking on 'Design' I am expecting to see 'Template' . But all I see is SITE STYLES, BROWSER ICON, LOCK SCREEN, ETC.

The only time I see 'template' is when I create a new site as a trial.

Why can't I see templates in my main sight, the site that has my domain, my Google email, Etc.?

• Replies 3
  • Views 863
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, creedon said:

Please see the following.

Thanks, a lot. Yes, v7.1.  

Is there a way to switch to 7.0 or I have to use the latest?

It seems the new version, if I understand correctly, doesn't have templates, per se, any longer. So gotta build somewhat from scratch?  Is there a definitive how-to paper or video that lays out how a beginner like me can EASILY create a new site, or it's gonna be a sizable learning curve. Thanks again. 

Is there a way to switch to 7.0 or I have to use the latest?

At the bottom of the SS template page there is a link to v7.0 sites.

I don't have any answers for your last paragraph. Perhaps someone else does.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.