Jump to content

Change arrows/use bullets on banner slideshow 7.1

Go to solution Solved by Beyondspace,

Recommended Posts

Site URL: https://synthesizer-walrus-32m7.squarespace.com/

I do not have the option to change my full-width banner slideshow navigation to bullets, should there be? I would love to utilize bullets/dots along the bottom, but if I cannot, I would like to use the following arrows. https://static1.squarespace.com/static/619c05e7c65d110b22fc36b7/t/61a96d3eac58a7191231a081/1638493502171/arrows.png Can anyone help me figure this out?

The slideshow is on the homepage here:
https://synthesizer-walrus-32m7.squarespace.com/
pass: lcnyc

Thanks in advance!

Link to comment
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Solution
4 hours ago, melmotz said:

Site URL: https://synthesizer-walrus-32m7.squarespace.com/

I do not have the option to change my full-width banner slideshow navigation to bullets, should there be? I would love to utilize bullets/dots along the bottom, but if I cannot, I would like to use the following arrows. https://static1.squarespace.com/static/619c05e7c65d110b22fc36b7/t/61a96d3eac58a7191231a081/1638493502171/arrows.png Can anyone help me figure this out?

The slideshow is on the homepage here:
https://synthesizer-walrus-32m7.squarespace.com/
pass: lcnyc

Thanks in advance!

Is it the result you want to achieve?

image.thumb.png.5eb417a7c8b9dceeef4fa847eb65fa1a.png

Try adding to Home > Design > Custom Css

section[data-section-id="619d177d0fa1af413146d5ec"] {
	.user-items-list-banner-slideshow__arrow-button {
		svg {
			display: none !important;
		}
		&:after {
			content: '';
			position: absolute;
			display: block;
			width: 100%;
			height: 100%;
			top: 0;
			left: 0;
		}
	}
	.user-items-list-banner-slideshow__arrow-button--right {
		&:after {
			background: url('https://api.iconify.design/ep/arrow-right.svg?color=%235d225a') no-repeat center center / contain;
		}
	}
}
.user-items-list-banner-slideshow__arrow-button--left {
	&:after {
		background: url('https://api.iconify.design/ep/arrow-right.svg?color=%235d225a&rotate=180deg') no-repeat center center / contain;
	}
}

Change the url background with your own arrow image

Let me know how it works on your site

Press 👍 or mark this answer as solution to help another one too

Greeting, it's BeyondSpace, I am Squarespace dev focus on provide solutions to enhance feature that squarespace.com can't provide.
Feel free to check my current Squarespace Plugins Developement: Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox, Delivery Date Picker, Keyword Highlighter
If you find my answer fit your need, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you

Link to comment
11 hours ago, bangank36 said:

Is it the result you want to achieve?

image.thumb.png.5eb417a7c8b9dceeef4fa847eb65fa1a.png

Try adding to Home > Design > Custom Css

section[data-section-id="619d177d0fa1af413146d5ec"] {
	.user-items-list-banner-slideshow__arrow-button {
		svg {
			display: none !important;
		}
		&:after {
			content: '';
			position: absolute;
			display: block;
			width: 100%;
			height: 100%;
			top: 0;
			left: 0;
		}
	}
	.user-items-list-banner-slideshow__arrow-button--right {
		&:after {
			background: url('https://api.iconify.design/ep/arrow-right.svg?color=%235d225a') no-repeat center center / contain;
		}
	}
}
.user-items-list-banner-slideshow__arrow-button--left {
	&:after {
		background: url('https://api.iconify.design/ep/arrow-right.svg?color=%235d225a&rotate=180deg') no-repeat center center / contain;
	}
}

Change the url background with your own arrow image

Let me know how it works on your site

Press 👍 or mark this answer as solution to help another one too

Thank you @bangank36! Unfortunately that didn't work for me. What I want to do is just have the bigger more modern arrows (just the carrot portion, no line, like yours), in white, no background.

Link to comment
35 minutes ago, melmotz said:

Thank you @bangank36! Unfortunately that didn't work for me. What I want to do is just have the bigger more modern arrows (just the carrot portion, no line, like yours), in white, no background.

Have you added my code? I 've checked and can not find my code in your page

Greeting, it's BeyondSpace, I am Squarespace dev focus on provide solutions to enhance feature that squarespace.com can't provide.
Feel free to check my current Squarespace Plugins Developement: Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox, Delivery Date Picker, Keyword Highlighter
If you find my answer fit your need, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you

Link to comment

My current browser in desktop

image.thumb.png.e90d027d196e52f9be228d9361df28fc.png

Greeting, it's BeyondSpace, I am Squarespace dev focus on provide solutions to enhance feature that squarespace.com can't provide.
Feel free to check my current Squarespace Plugins Developement: Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox, Delivery Date Picker, Keyword Highlighter
If you find my answer fit your need, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you

Link to comment
13 minutes ago, melmotz said:

@bangank36 you're right! So sorry, it wasn't showing up in the editor. Thank you! I'm going to try to change them to the simple white arrows and see if it works.

 

It looks like you 've figured out, doesn't it?

Greeting, it's BeyondSpace, I am Squarespace dev focus on provide solutions to enhance feature that squarespace.com can't provide.
Feel free to check my current Squarespace Plugins Developement: Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox, Delivery Date Picker, Keyword Highlighter
If you find my answer fit your need, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

×
×
  • Create New...

Squarespace Webinars

Free online sessions where you’ll learn the basics and refine your Squarespace skills.

Hire a Designer

Stand out online with the help of an experienced designer or developer.