Changing wording of "SOLD OUT" ?

Thank you for your response. Perhaps I'm wrong, but so far I've been a little afraid of the css  option because then I'd be out of realm of Squarespace help...  I was first asking if just within built-in Sqarespace stuff there was a solution.  Seemed with so much attention to variations in website themes/individual designs Sqsp promotes, there would be some options to this very significant part of customers experience in stores!

7 hours ago, LauryNichols said:

Perhaps I'm wrong, but so far I've been a little afraid of the css  option because then I'd be out of realm of Squarespace help...  I was first asking if just within built-in Squarespace stuff there was a solution.

Hi Laury

You don't need any code to do this, there is a built in feature. Go to Commerce > Product Status > Out of Stock. In the panel that opens, change the Sold Out description to your choice of wording. The change will affect all products and services across your store.

change-sold-out-label.png?format=750w

If this post has helped you, please click a 'Like' or 'Thanks' icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Hey, looking for advice, 

Is there anyway of changing product status per item? This would be a great feature. 

We want to showcase products in our store visually that are coming soon and want to invite people to sign up to be reminded of when they are released. 

while also showcasing products that are out of stock/sold out.

Would be great to have the change in wording - as soon as you put stock 0 it adds Product Status kicks in.

Any advice?

All the best

53 minutes ago, chalkpitrecords said:

Is there anyway of changing product status per item? We want to showcase products in our store visually that are coming soon and want to invite people to sign up to be reminded of when they are released. 

See my guide Adding a custom status badge to Squarespace Products.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.