What visual element do you think makes your website stand out the most?

• 2 weeks later...

It depends on the style of the website. Some might for example go all in with a contrasty color palette, while some do very well with unique typography.

For me, it is smooth animations, and I try to add it as much as possible. One animated element that makes the site stand out from the rest (I think), is the animated gradient headings:

566396491_Skrmavbild2021-12-06kl_15_24_54.thumb.png.819da9f5a33fa3989f1660ea18186f80.png

Edited by Spark_plugin

- Rasmus Myhrberg, Founder of Spark Plugin

Spark Plugin – The Ultimate Design Toolkit for Squarespace

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I can suggest some visual elements that can make a website stand out. The use of bold and eye-catching colors, high-quality images and graphics, an intuitive and user-friendly interface, clear and concise typography, and a clean and uncluttered design are all elements that can make a website stand out. Additionally, incorporating unique and creative design elements, such as animations or interactive features, can make a website even more memorable and engaging for visitors.

Edited by tobybishops
6 hours ago, sabirpathan said:

Unique color schemes and contrast
Eye-catching images or graphics
Interesting typography
Creative use of whitespace
Interactive features like animations or videos
Consistent branding and messaging throughout the site
Clear navigation and user-friendly layout
High-quality and responsive design across all devices

All valid points, great list. I just want to comment on "across all devices" and emphasize how important this is (even if it doesn't fall under "a visual element that makes a website stand out"). Optimizing for all screens is something I've seen being forgotten more times than I can remember. 

I am the worst designer, so I tried to focus on the functionality of the element more than the look&feel. Analytics heatmaps showed that visitors are more attracted to my Past client's Preview widget on my Plugin page, it presents the snapshot of the live site which will help the client to preview the plugin BEFORE purchasing

chrome-capture-2023-4-5 (2).gif

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

There are several visual elements that can make a website stand out, depending on the design and purpose of the website. However, one of the most impactful visual elements that can make a website stand out is the use of high-quality, visually appealing images or videos.

Images and videos can immediately capture the attention of visitors and convey a message or emotion in a powerful way. They can help to establish the tone and style of the website and create a memorable impression on visitors. Additionally, the use of visually striking graphics, icons, and animations can also enhance the visual appeal of a website and make it stand out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Jo_SQSP unpinned this topic