Change color palette of entire page

Site URL: https://www.teamledgernz.com/pine-ave

Hi team, does anyone know of an easy way to change the color palette for an entire page with code injection/CSS?

There are 5 colours in a palette in Squarespace, I'd love to be able to change those on a per-page basis.

I know how to identify individual elements (such as background) but what I really need is to basically change the colour palette for one page.

It'd be a lot easier to simply say "any instances of #123456 should be #654321" than manually identify every element that needs changing. 

Edited by tailwind
  • Replies 6
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, tailwind said:

Site URL: https://www.teamledgernz.com/pine-ave

Hi team, does anyone know of an easy way to change the color palette for an entire page with code injection/CSS?

There are 5 colours in a palette in Squarespace, I'd love to be able to change those on a per-page basis.

I know how to identify individual elements (such as background) but what I really need is to basically change the colour palette for one page.

It'd be a lot easier to simply say "any instances of #123456 should be #654321" than manually identify every element that needs changing. 

Can you take some screenshots of what you mean?

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

10 minutes ago, bangank36 said:

Can you take some screenshots of what you mean?

Sure, the best way to illustrate it is to simply show how the colors on the site change as you select different preset palettes in the picker. 

It would be possible, but incredibly laborious, to selectively change the colors for each kind of element on the page manually in code. I'd love a way to be able to hijack the color palette itself with code, if that is at all possible. 

The reason I want to do this, is the client is a property developer and they are beginning to add new developments which have separate branding (and associated fonts and colours) but they don't want to create a new site for each development. So I am finding a way to have the development represented in a single page with custom color scheme and fonts. I have the fonts sorted, but the colours are a pain.

Screen Shot 2021-11-24 at 11.03.46 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-24 at 11.04.17 AM.png

8 hours ago, tailwind said:

Sure, the best way to illustrate it is to simply show how the colors on the site change as you select different preset palettes in the picker. 

It would be possible, but incredibly laborious, to selectively change the colors for each kind of element on the page manually in code. I'd love a way to be able to hijack the color palette itself with code, if that is at all possible. 

The reason I want to do this, is the client is a property developer and they are beginning to add new developments which have separate branding (and associated fonts and colours) but they don't want to create a new site for each development. So I am finding a way to have the development represented in a single page with custom color scheme and fonts. I have the fonts sorted, but the colours are a pain.

Hey, try to use other colors theme for the section and change color in certain theme.
image.png.73413bd2775c8fc5a02f8a576e31ecf6.png

SquareRefresh, premium plugins & templates that have an elevated feel.

Plugins: Have your site stand out. 
Templates: Our templates are designed with versatility in mind.
Get Freebies: Sometimes things in life are free. Browser our hand selected free plugins.

Dedicating one theme with a custom palette to use on one page isn't a scalable solution, and it limits the amount of variety available for the page. I've used all themes on the main website so I'd also have to go back through the whole site and remove any instances of whatever theme I decide to change for this page. 

I'm thinking my best approach is to simply limit my colour themes on this page to the monochrome ones (lightest 1, darkest 1) and use code to change the colours of the buttons and the new text-colour feature to change the colours of the fonts as required.

• 1 year later...

Hi there. Has anyone found any code to target a colour and change on an individual page? 

We have another website that we want to do this and we have 8 colours that we need to use.

Just want to tell the site that 'on this page, all instances of #abcacb change it to #cbdb6a'

On 9/7/2023 at 11:35 AM, tailwind said:

Hi there. Has anyone found any code to target a colour and change on an individual page? 

We have another website that we want to do this and we have 8 colours that we need to use.

Just want to tell the site that 'on this page, all instances of #abcacb change it to #cbdb6a'

Change on this page? https://www.teamledgernz.com/pine-ave

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)