MLS integration without code just API link

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Hello,

I know nothing about code but I need to design a website for my employer.

It's a real estate company and we need to add an IDX feed to the site and after calling Stellar MLS they told me they only have API urls/keys for plugins and not code.

I was hoping for code to just input into the code block and call it a day, but it seems more complicated than that.

Does Squarespace have any plugins to support this?

I don't even know if I'm making sense. Any help is appreciated.

8 hours ago, Karina10 said:

Hello,

I know nothing about code but I need to design a website for my employer.

It's a real estate company and we need to add an IDX feed to the site and after calling Stellar MLS they told me they only have API urls/keys for plugins and not code.

I was hoping for code to just input into the code block and call it a day, but it seems more complicated than that.

Does Squarespace have any plugins to support this?

I don't even know if I'm making sense. Any help is appreciated.

You need a developer to implement api end point via javascript to display the feeds on your site, note that it require business plan or higher

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

• Solution
17 hours ago, Karina10 said:

I need to design a website for my employer. It's a real estate company and we need to add an IDX feed to the site and after calling Stellar MLS they told me they only have API urls/keys for plugins and not code.

Let me try to break this down.

The MLS (Multiple Listing Service) is a database that allows brokers to see each other’s listings of properties for sale.

Real estate brokers and agents need to pay a fee to get access to the MLS database through the IDX (Internet Data Exchange) but they can only do this through a company called an IDX Feed Broker.

'IDX Broker' is one such company. They produce 'widgets' - small snippets of JavaScript - that you can add to your Squarespace website to allow you to access and display MLS listing information. For more Squarespace specific information, see IDX Broker's support page

I hope this helps.

If this post has helped you, please click a 'Like' or 'Thanks' icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.