Domain moving or forwarding domain.. neither is working

Site URL: http://www.fadedsol.com

I purchased a domain on squarespace (www.fadesol.com) but I needed to have a wishlist form for my rentals so I bought interjection code for cart. I also needed to have a regular cart for my shop but I couldnt have both on the same site so I bought another domain site (www.fadedsolshop.com). Now, I am trying to have it so when a customer clicks on a page in www.fadedsol.com it directs them to www.fadedsolshop.com. I do not care what the url says, I just want it to simply be linked... I have tried moving my domain, forwarding domain under presets, and played with the idea of 301 (but I'm too afraid to erase the shop just incase it doesnt work). Im so confused and have spent so long trying to figure this out when it seems like it should be so simple... please anyone let me know any input. Thanks!!

• Replies 10
  • Views 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, JAL said:

I purchased a domain on squarespace (www.fadesol.com) but I needed to have a wishlist form for my rentals so I bought interjection code for cart. I also needed to have a regular cart for my shop but I couldnt have both on the same site so I bought another domain site (www.fadedsolshop.com). Now, I am trying to have it so when a customer clicks on a page in www.fadedsol.com it directs them to www.fadedsolshop.com.

If I understand you correctly, you’ve purchased a second Squarespace website to use as an online store with online payments, and have connected the domain www.fadesolshop.com to it.

Can you explain what you want customers to be able to do? Do you want them to reach www.fadesolshop.com when they click ‘Shop’ on the other site?

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

yes I purchased a second squarespace website and connected the domain www.fadedsolshop.com to it. This is an online store with online payments but I haven't made it public yet because I wanted it to link somehow to my original site www.fadedsol.com. 

So what I really want is my customers to go onto the only site they know www.fadedsol.com and click on a page titled shop and it would automatically bring them to www.fadedsolshop.com so they can shop and make online purchases. Please say this is possible

You can replace the 'SHOP' link in the navigation of your first site with a link to the second site. 

To do this, go to the home menu and click Pages.

Click the + icon next to the section where you want to add a link.

In the menu, click Link.

In the link editor, enter the link text under Link Title.

Enter the URL (www.fadedsolshop.com) under Link.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

The shop domain (www.fadedsolshop.com) will need to be live before the link will work.

It's working for me. I added the Link and when I click on it (in the navigation on the right) it launches your shop 🙂

K7Ppz2DwrD.thumb.gif.e3b25867a2e24146a4e2becae2c44aa7.gif