Form in Footer is causing glitch- Support sent me here

Site URL: https://www.vigil.global/

Hi Everyone

Really looking for some help and assistance here!  I added a newsletter sign up in the footer of the website using a square space form.  I was also playing around with Mailchimp popup forms but have removed them yet my problem is still persisting.  When I go to test the form but trying to fill it in it automatically refreshes the page.  This happens both on mobile and desktop.  SquareSpace help said they were unable to assist me as Because the issue was resolved by disabling scripts, the problem is likely caused by custom code you’ve added to your site. Troubleshooting code falls outside our scope of support, so we can’t pinpoint the exact code responsible for the issue. I’d recommend reviewing any custom scripts you’ve added to code blocks or code injection and try removing them one at a time to determine which one is causing an issue.

Our website guy made most of this website, he is on paternity leave so trying not to bother him unless absolutely necessary.  Rather than going in and deleting every code as an experiment does anyone have any other fixes they can offer?? A bit desperate here!

Thanks!

• Replies 4
  • Views 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 11/19/2021 at 11:55 PM, MonicaVigil said:

Site URL: https://www.vigil.global/

Hi Everyone

Really looking for some help and assistance here!  I added a newsletter sign up in the footer of the website using a square space form.  I was also playing around with Mailchimp popup forms but have removed them yet my problem is still persisting.  When I go to test the form but trying to fill it in it automatically refreshes the page.  This happens both on mobile and desktop.  SquareSpace help said they were unable to assist me as Because the issue was resolved by disabling scripts, the problem is likely caused by custom code you’ve added to your site. Troubleshooting code falls outside our scope of support, so we can’t pinpoint the exact code responsible for the issue. I’d recommend reviewing any custom scripts you’ve added to code blocks or code injection and try removing them one at a time to determine which one is causing an issue.

Our website guy made most of this website, he is on paternity leave so trying not to bother him unless absolutely necessary.  Rather than going in and deleting every code as an experiment does anyone have any other fixes they can offer?? A bit desperate here!

Thanks!

It keep jumping when focus on these fields right

image.thumb.png.c60180f2c811ee80b9bb7ee2d33b7b27.png

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

@bangank36 yes exactly! And I don't know how to solve it without the advice they gave which is manually removing every piece of code on the pages to see what might be causing it.  I was hoping maybe someone had a quick fix.

10 minutes ago, MonicaVigil said:

@bangank36 yes exactly! And I don't know how to solve it without the advice they gave which is manually removing every piece of code on the pages to see what might be causing it.  I was hoping maybe someone had a quick fix.

Can you share the code block you applied before?

It seems that there is an link tag wrapper your form

image.thumb.png.a869ace93061143f1949214f96869a7f.png

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!