Questions on Email Campaigns...

Go to solution Solved by sayreambrosio,

Site URL: http://mattrutherford.co.uk

Hi all - I have been building a nice email mailing list for my site, and have a growing and successful newsletter.  I am using the Squarespace mailing list feature, and I have a couple of questions:

1. Is there a way to (automatically) create a newsletter archive?  I want people to be able to read back issues before they subscribe. 
  2. or Is there a way to automatically cross post the content from my newsletters into my blog. 

I suspect I am starting to reach the limitations of the Squarespace email engine - and I may need to move across to a third party (mailchimp?   mailerlite?) - if thats the case, are there any recommendations or guides to integrating an external tool to my Squarespace site. 

Thanks in advance....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Solution
On 11/17/2021 at 7:34 AM, mattrutherford said:

Site URL: http://mattrutherford.co.uk

Hi all - I have been building a nice email mailing list for my site, and have a growing and successful newsletter.  I am using the Squarespace mailing list feature, and I have a couple of questions:

1. Is there a way to (automatically) create a newsletter archive?  I want people to be able to read back issues before they subscribe. 
  2. or Is there a way to automatically cross post the content from my newsletters into my blog. 

I suspect I am starting to reach the limitations of the Squarespace email engine - and I may need to move across to a third party (mailchimp?   mailerlite?) - if thats the case, are there any recommendations or guides to integrating an external tool to my Squarespace site. 

Thanks in advance....

I don't personally use Campaigns (I'm using Flodesk for now), but I have seen where on other email providers that don't have the archive feature,  people have created a page in their website and added the links (manually) for each newsletter sent and then put something like Newsletter Archive in the footer for people to access.

On 12/25/2021 at 8:50 AM, sayreambrosio said:

I don't personally use Campaigns (I'm using Flodesk for now), but I have seen where on other email providers that don't have the archive feature,  people have created a page in their website and added the links (manually) for each newsletter sent and then put something like Newsletter Archive in the footer for people to access.

Thank you - this is an option I tried before, but it's a manual step to the workflow that should be really easy to automate.   I have a page where I can go and see all of my sent campaigns - I'd love to just have a block that pulls those.

Bearing in mind the rise and rise of Newsletters, it's a worry that Squarespace doesn't seem to be developing for this space (or any space really). 

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

All went smoothly until I began having to call upon support at S.S.

Sadly, this platform has turned into so many others online where they hide behind an online portal or chat portal and half the time they are not even available on chat.  They are only too happy to take your money when you are building your site of course.

I've built mine and now am ready to do email campaigns but it's so frustratingly confusing to set up and the fact that I can't remove multiple contacts at a time...I mean what?  Is this some sort of joke?  Why would S.S. set up a feature like this where you don't have complete control of your contacts?  What if I upload thousands and decide they are obsolete? Or it's a test? Etc...and I now I want remove them all?  I have to contact Squarespace's "privacy team" to have them deleted?  WHY?

I have my domain on GoDaddy and am seriously thinking of transferring my entire host site to them.  AT LEAST they have live phone support and have been nothing but superb in helping me.  I had issues with getting emails and GoDaddy helped ON Squarespace's site when S.S couldn't get out of its own a way to help.  

There is no information about email campaign costs, no real support on how to or live support to guide me. I can't even get to a live agent as supposedly "there are no live agents available."

Man...this might have been a big mistake on my part.

On 12/13/2021 at 12:42 AM, mattrutherford said:

Very frustrating that there is no support in this forum for what seems to be a simple task on other platforms.  

Agreed...the support here is useless...beyond useless.  To be honest, I wish I had done more research on site development platforms before deciding on S.S.  

It's turning out that S.S. is another typical lame software company that has its workers hiding behind chat portals and online community BS so they avoid helping you at all costs.  Once i find a better platform, I'm going transfer my website to another host.  This place sucks.

Edited by ArmondM