Direct access to Checkout page

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Hi everybody!

Does anyone know if there is a way to access directly to checkout page from a button in a page other than the store page?

· If you add a product block, you should click through it before accessing the checkout page.

· If you enable Express Checkout, you also have to go at least through the product after inserting a link to it in the button settings.

· If you insert a link directly to Checkout page, it works only sometimes. When you try to do multiple orders, the link will not work properly.

Does anyone have any idea if it is possible to skip the unnecessary intermediate steps?

For instance, if there is any way to obtain a direct link to Checkout page that always works reliably?

Thanks so much!

Edited by ramonn
  • Solution

If you have enabled Express Checkout, when a customer clicks a purchase button, they’ll go straight to the checkout.

You can add a Purchase button to any page by adding a Product Block and unchecking all the Design options in this block except the button.

If this post has helped you, please click a 'Like' or 'Thanks' icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009
Added URLs

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Hi Paul!

Simple and brilliant solution at the same time!

Thanks so much!

I have one last question regarding that:

How can I change the button text size in product blocks?

Usually I can do it in button settings, where you can change the button size from M to L so both padding and text grow bigger.

However, product blocks do not offer this option, so the only possible way would be to change the button padding size in "Site Styles", but this does not allow to change the text size, it is only for padding.

Do you have any idea on this?

Thanks so much! 

23 minutes ago, ramonn said:

How can I change the button text size in product blocks?

You should be able to do it with some CSS. Add the following to Design > Custom CSS and add the lines that you want to change:

body:not(.button-style-default) .product-block .sqs-add-to-cart-button {
  font-size: 1rem;
  font-family: "proxima-nova","Helvetica Neue",Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;
  letter-spacing: .05em;
  font-weight: 500;
}

Notes:

• If you don't want to change the font family, letter spacing or weight you can remove those lines.
  • If you want to affect all 'Add to Cart' buttons, not just those on Product Blocks, remove ".product-block" from the first line.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.