Reordering images in gallery section messes up the order every time.

version: squarespace 7.1

in Gallery section, trying to drag and reorder the images, then after the move, a bunch surrounding images shuffle around automatically for no reason.

say at first I have images 01, 02, 03... to 98, 97, 99, 100

the 97 and 98 are in a reverse order, so I drag 97 to the place before 98, then after I release the mouse, suddenly the images move again on their own, then a bunch of adjacent numbers shuffle around and become like 92, 96, 97, 94, 98, 93, 95, 99, 100...

Why does this happen? Seems more frequent when there's a large quantity of images.

Edited by WGE-pete-w
17 minutes ago, WGE-pete-w said:

version: squarespace 7.1

in Gallery section, trying to drag and reorder the images, then after the move, a bunch surrounding images shuffle around automatically for no reason.

say at first I have images 01, 02, 03... to 98, 97, 99, 100

the 97 and 98 are in a reverse order, so I drag 97 to the place before 98, then after I release the mouse, suddenly the images move again on their own, then a bunch of adjacent numbers shuffle around and become like 92, 96, 97, 94, 98, 93, 95, 99, 100...

Why does this happen? Seems more frequent when there's a large quantity of images.

Could you show your current site url? Also did you use masonry layout for the gallery? It order the image to based on their dimesion

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date format)
💫 Animated Buttons (Referral URL)
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

29 minutes ago, bangank36 said:

Could you show your current site url? Also did you use masonry layout for the gallery? It order the image to based on their dimesion

Thanks for the reply. I can't show/publish the site yet. The gallery layout is in Grid: Strips. The reorder/shuffling happens inside the edit panel, not after closing the panel. It literally moves/reorders again right after I release the mouse when I'm done dragging the images inside the edit panel.

11 hours ago, WGE-pete-w said:

Thanks for the reply. I can't show/publish the site yet. The gallery layout is in Grid: Strips. The reorder/shuffling happens inside the edit panel, not after closing the panel. It literally moves/reorders again right after I release the mouse when I'm done dragging the images inside the edit panel.

Hi @WGE-pete-w,

To understand your issue and find the suitable solution, we need to access your page the check entirely.

If it can not be published,  is it possible if you duplicate your current page, set it a protected password and share it with us?

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date format)
💫 Animated Buttons (Referral URL)
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!