Will Squarespace Meet My E-Commerce Needs For A Fashion Company (14,000+ Items)?

Hello,

NOTE: Location is Canada.

I am looking to see if anyone knows if Squarespace will actually work to sell fashion clothing and accessories on a large scale? The company I am building a site for has a storefront with over 14,000 inventory items. They are in need of a new POS system that ideally would work well with Squarespace. All I have found is Square POS offers such integrations but how inventory is tracked between the two seems less than ideal. To upload an entire catalog of items through Squarespace seems like a nightmare.

I have built many sites using Squarespace but not a e-commerce site this large and extensive. I'd like to build this site here to but I am not sure what steps I should take in doing so. From everything I can tell, Squarespace looks like a great e-commerce platform for a limited/small amount of products...but for my project it seems as though I need to look elsewhere. Perhaps building everything through Square POS & Web.

Any thoughts, comments, and or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.