Promotional pop up frequency

Go to solution Solved by humxahafeex,

Site URL: https://www.pediatra-wizyty.pl/

Dear all, I am a pediatrician and I use a Squarespace site to manage online appointments.

Due to the Coronavirus, I need to inform my patients on health restrictions and recommend online consultations. I use the proportional pop up feature in Squarespace for this purpose and it is great, except that there is no option to have it  pop up on every visit. The frequency selection only allows a reset every 24 hrs, meaning that only new patients see this message and they only see it once. This is a problem because my visitors go back and forth from the website to appointment calendar and so on, therefore I need the pop up to appear on every visit. 

Is there anyone out there who could share the CSS code to manage the frequency? Perhaps not storing the cookie would trick the module, or a reset at every visit? I would really appreciate help to enable the message to pop up on every visit. Thanks. 

Cheers, 
Izabela

• Solution

Hi @arek It's way too easy what you have to do is to put the following code to Settings > Advance > Code Injection>Header ,What this code will do it will pop up every time user visit the website.

<script>
  window.localStorage.setItem('test', '0');
  window.localStorage.setItem('squarespace-popup-overlay', '0');
</script>

Tested and it worked perfectly fine , Hope it works perfectly fine for you 🙂 

NOTE: TEST IT ON INCOGNITO OR  ON PRIVATE WINDOW. 

If it works for you don't forget to mark it as solved by clicking arrow on top left of this answer 🙂 

Edited by humxahafeex
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

hi @humxahafeex - i would like to put a disclaimer up on my website, where the user presses 'I agree' or 'I disagree' - is there any way for the popup to reappear if the user presses 'I disagree' and then goes back to the page, the popup to reappear again?

If the user presses "I agree" then I dont necessarily need the popup to appear again that day.

Thanks

Connie

On 8/11/2020 at 4:20 PM, Blehbeep said:

hi @humxahafeex - i would like to put a disclaimer up on my website, where the user presses 'I agree' or 'I disagree' - is there any way for the popup to reappear if the user presses 'I disagree' and then goes back to the page, the popup to reappear again?

If the user presses "I agree" then I dont necessarily need the popup to appear again that day.

Thanks

Connie

Hi. Have you found the solution yet?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 6 months later...
On 3/16/2021 at 10:36 PM, Thisisnecdet said:

Hi @humxahafeex 

Code works perfectly but I have another problem with this. When I put that code in, it disables 'Don't show again after newsletter sign-up' option, which is checked on my promotional pop up. Is there a way to fix that problem? Thanks.

Hi. Do you still need help on this?

Or send to forum message

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/11/2020 at 10:20 AM, Blehbeep said:

I would like to put a disclaimer up on my website, where the user presses 'I agree' or 'I disagree' - is there any way for the popup to reappear if the user presses 'I disagree' and then goes back to the page, the popup to reappear again?

The promotional popup isn't designed to do this, but we have a low-cost solution (one-off payment) that can display a disclaimer whenever a user lands on your site, or on a specific page if required.

It's called the Age Verification Popup. You'll find more information on the product page but if you'd like more information you can get in touch and we'll be happy to answer your questions.

age-verification-extension-tile.thumb.png.61e94bf2aed35c362f1a33ef48ba2f4c.png

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I would like to show a promotional pop-up each time a user access the home page.

How can I code this frequency?

Tried the code injection below but this results in showing the promotional pop-up on each page.

<script>
</script>
1 minute ago, lievenb said:

Hi,

I would like to show a promotional pop-up each time a user access the home page.

How can I code this frequency?

Tried the code injection below but this results in showing the promotional pop-up on each page.

<script>
</script>

You can place the code on your home page code injection

image.png.ef5d869597cb4845cfd8f2374f0e7041.png

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/17/2020 at 6:17 AM, humxahafeex said:

Hi @arek It's way too easy what you have to do is to put the following code to Settings > Advance > Code Injection>Header ,What this code will do it will pop up every time user visit the website.

<script>
</script>

Tested and it worked perfectly fine , Hope it works perfectly fine for you 🙂 

NOTE: TEST IT ON INCOGNITO OR  ON PRIVATE WINDOW. 

If it works for you don't forget to mark it as solved by clicking arrow on top left of this answer 🙂 

Hi @humxahafeex - I realise this is an old thread but I am trying this code on this website: https://www.mphousing.com.au/ 

They need the pop-up to appear on any first page when a visitor lands on their website, which is working great however, it appears on every page once a user is on there which requires them to keep closing it while navigating around the website. Is there a way to perhaps have it display again after 'x' amount of time, an hour for example? Does anyone have a solution for this? Thanks heaps! 

• 4 months later...

Dear All,

I am currently trying to add a pop-up to some pages of my website. The pop-up is used to show rules so I'd like people to read it through. I already deactiveated the close button using css :  

.sqs-popup-overlay-close {display: none !important}

I also injected some code lines to make it appear on every new visit :

<script> window.localStorage.setItem('test', '0'); window.localStorage.setItem('squarespace-popup-overlay', '0'); </script>

Now what I would like to do is use the button as if it was a close button. I don't want it to reload the page, since that makes my pop-up appear again and users get stuck in a loop because of the frequency code. 

If anybody can help me with this it would be really appreciated. Thank you!

On 7/22/2023 at 2:30 AM, GAMF said:

Dear All,

I am currently trying to add a pop-up to some pages of my website. The pop-up is used to show rules so I'd like people to read it through. I already deactiveated the close button using css :  

.sqs-popup-overlay-close {display: none !important}

I also injected some code lines to make it appear on every new visit :

<script> window.localStorage.setItem('test', '0'); window.localStorage.setItem('squarespace-popup-overlay', '0'); </script>

Now what I would like to do is use the button as if it was a close button. I don't want it to reload the page, since that makes my pop-up appear again and users get stuck in a loop because of the frequency code. 

If anybody can help me with this it would be really appreciated. Thank you!

What is your site url?

Or send to forum message

• 7 months later...