Jump to content

Breadcrumbs missing from shop

Recommended Posts

Site URL: https://www.arianamartin.com/shop

I have several categories within my Squarespace shop, but once you click into a category, the rest disappear and there are no breadcrumbs, so when browsing you have to click back to the main Shop page and start again. (I've selected 'show breadcrumbs' but I don't think it works with my version/template.)

I've attached screenshots of the main shop page, and a category page.

Is there code I can add to make sure that the categories can be accessed at all times when browsing my shop?

Thanks!

Screenshot 2021-11-10 at 14.54.28.png

Screenshot 2021-11-10 at 14.54.39.png

Link to comment
1 hour ago, ArianaMartinDesign said:

Site URL: https://www.arianamartin.com/shop

I have several categories within my Squarespace shop, but once you click into a category, the rest disappear and there are no breadcrumbs, so when browsing you have to click back to the main Shop page and start again. (I've selected 'show breadcrumbs' but I don't think it works with my version/template.)

I've attached screenshots of the main shop page, and a category page.

Is there code I can add to make sure that the categories can be accessed at all times when browsing my shop?

Thanks!

Screenshot 2021-11-10 at 14.54.28.png

Screenshot 2021-11-10 at 14.54.39.png

You can find similiar topic here

 

Greeting, it's BeyondSpace, I am Squarespace dev focus on provide solutions to enhance feature that squarespace.com can't provide.
Feel free to check my current Squarespace Plugins Developement: Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox, Delivery Date Picker, Keyword Highlighter
If you find my answer fit your need, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you

Link to comment
2 hours ago, ArianaMartinDesign said:

I have several categories within my Squarespace shop, but once you click into a category...there are no breadcrumbs, so when browsing you have to click back to the main Shop page and start again. 

You can restore breadcrumbs on your product detail pages on Squarespace 7.1 with my Breadcrumbs extension.

You can read more about it in this glowing recommendation:

 

Improve your online store with our extensions.
About: Squarespace Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, appreciation and great design ♥.
Work: Squarespace Developer and founder of SF Digital, building the features Squarespace didn't include™.
Content: Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.

Buy me a coffee

Link to comment
1 hour ago, ArianaMartinDesign said:

Thank you @bangank36. I added the code from that post and it has helped with breadcrumbs.

However, I would still like to see the category navigation on all shop pages, including category pages and product pages. Is there a way to do this? Thank you

You mean all category items like in shop page?

Greeting, it's BeyondSpace, I am Squarespace dev focus on provide solutions to enhance feature that squarespace.com can't provide.
Feel free to check my current Squarespace Plugins Developement: Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox, Delivery Date Picker, Keyword Highlighter
If you find my answer fit your need, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you

Link to comment
55 minutes ago, tuanphan said:

@ArianaMartinDesign You want to add category nav links to top of product page/category page?

Yes exactly.

I also emailed you about this and you sent me some code, thank you. I tried it and it worked on desktop but the category nav links were distorted on mobile, so I removed it. Is there a way to add category nav links, but keep the formatting/design the same as it is now?

https://www.arianamartin.com/shop

Link to comment
18 hours ago, ArianaMartinDesign said:

Yes exactly.

I also emailed you about this and you sent me some code, thank you. I tried it and it worked on desktop but the category nav links were distorted on mobile, so I removed it. Is there a way to add category nav links, but keep the formatting/design the same as it is now?

https://www.arianamartin.com/shop

Can you take a screenshot on mobile when using the code?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

How to: Setup Password & Share url Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care

Link to comment
On 11/15/2021 at 5:52 PM, ArianaMartinDesign said:

The 1st and 2nd screenshots are how it looks with your code on mobile and desktop.

The 3rd and 4th screenshots are how I would like it to look (with category nav links at the top of every shop/category/product page):

IMG_3789.PNG

Screenshot 2021-11-15 at 10.45.32.png

IMG_3788.PNG

Screenshot 2021-11-15 at 10.44.16.png

Hi,

Try this new code

/* Show category nav links */
div.nested-category-tree-wrapper {
    display: flex !important;
    float: none !important;
    min-width: 100% !important;
    max-width: 100% !important;
    margin-right: 0 !important;
}
section.products.collection-content-wrapper.products-list {
    flex-direction: column !important;
    display: flex;
}
.nested-category-tree-wrapper>ul {
    width: 100% !important;
    display: flex;
    justify-content: center;
    align-items: center;
    flex-wrap: wrap !important;
}
.nested-category-tree-wrapper>ul li {
    margin-left: 2vw;
}
nav.nested-category-breadcrumb {
    display: none !important;
}
ul.nested-category-children {
    display: none !important;
}
a.category-link.root {
    padding-top: 17px !important;
}

 

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

How to: Setup Password & Share url Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care

Link to comment
10 hours ago, tuanphan said:

Hi,

Try this new code

/* Show category nav links */
div.nested-category-tree-wrapper {
    display: flex !important;
    float: none !important;
    min-width: 100% !important;
    max-width: 100% !important;
    margin-right: 0 !important;
}
section.products.collection-content-wrapper.products-list {
    flex-direction: column !important;
    display: flex;
}
.nested-category-tree-wrapper>ul {
    width: 100% !important;
    display: flex;
    justify-content: center;
    align-items: center;
    flex-wrap: wrap !important;
}
.nested-category-tree-wrapper>ul li {
    margin-left: 2vw;
}
nav.nested-category-breadcrumb {
    display: none !important;
}
ul.nested-category-children {
    display: none !important;
}
a.category-link.root {
    padding-top: 17px !important;
}

 

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. Nearly there.

I have 2 formatting questions:

1. Is it possible to add spacing and line dividers to the main Shop page on desktop? (please see screenshots)

1455300503_Screenshot2021-11-15at10_45_32.thumb.png.ffd046f88b317e7518a5030bba21d8fd.png788093149_Screenshot2021-11-15at10_44_16.thumb.png.d1dd96eefcf8b177b7539be80d97486a.png

 

 

2. Is it possible to add line dividers to the category nav links on mobile? (please see screenshots)

IMG_3823.thumb.PNG.fa3b0f94c296be8dcf7d5ba150831a4c.PNGIMG_3788.thumb.PNG.931456155ae138995ed1239eba369dd3.PNG

 

Thank you for your help.

 

Link to comment
On 11/14/2021 at 8:53 PM, ArianaMartinDesign said:

Yes exactly.

I also emailed you about this and you sent me some code, thank you. I tried it and it worked on desktop but the category nav links were distorted on mobile, so I removed it. Is there a way to add category nav links, but keep the formatting/design the same as it is now?

https://www.arianamartin.com/shop

Add to Design > Custom CSS

li.category-item:not(:last-child) a:after {
    content: "|";
    padding-left: 20px;
}

 

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

How to: Setup Password & Share url Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

×
×
  • Create New...

Squarespace Webinars

Free online sessions where you’ll learn the basics and refine your Squarespace skills.

Hire a Designer

Stand out online with the help of an experienced designer or developer.