Wedding RSVP

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Many wedding sites like The Knot or Zola allow RSVPs to be specific to the guest so that it is already populated with the number of additional guests allowed for their party. For example, some guests may be allowed +1 while others may be allowed +3 because of their children. Is there a way to do this on Squarespace? Perhaps a plugin that someone knows about? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Solution
On 11/9/2021 at 7:24 AM, anaespinosa said:

I was wondering if limiting the number of guest per person RSVPing is possible with squarespace.

Squarespace doesn’t have an RSVP function. You’ll want to use a third party solution or a wedding specific platform like https://withjoy.com.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 weeks later...

Also looking for a solution to this. Does not need to be that secure and the way I envision the flow would be the guest would just enter first and last name into a form filed and from there based on the field input the submit would construct a url ex: somewebsite.com/lastnamefirstname where lastnamefirstname is the value inputted. If the URL exist the guest would be taken to that page with another form to complete the rsvp info. It would also be great if that page form could populate based on the amount of total guest in a party (+1, +3 etc) and maybe even guest names. If the URL does not exist they get a 404 custom 404 page where they can contact us directly through form or mailto link.

As the previous comments mentions this type of functionality exist in some of these other platforms out the box (and even in free tiers) so really looking to get something similar out of Squarespace as one of the reason we specifically selected Squarespace is to have more control and privacy for the site.

• 1 year later...
45 minutes ago, jordanakozy said:

Anyone know if there have been any recent changes to allow for this?

The accepted answer is still correct.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 4 months later...

Hi all! After A LOT of searching, I came across a platform specializing in RSVP management that can be embedded into Squarespace using an embed block. The site is https://rsvpify.com/ and here is a helpful article on their site that shows you how to do it https://help.rsvpify.com/en/articles/1222544-how-do-i-set-up-my-embed-to-work-with-squarespace. I'm sure this is too late for the previous people looking but hopefully helpful for people in the future. I was looking specifically for wedding RSVPs which require grouping of attendees etc but it seems like this can be used for all manner of RSVP events. Hope it helps.

• 6 months later...
On 11/9/2021 at 2:34 AM, paul2009 said:

You’ll want to use a third party solution or a wedding specific platform like https://withjoy.com.

when you say this, do you mean i should embed a third party solution (or wedding specific platform) into my squarespace site, or that i should avoid squarespace entirely and build the entire site on something like With Joy?

2 hours ago, nellbirdp said:

do you mean i should embed a third party solution (or wedding specific platform) into my squarespace site, or that i should avoid squarespace entirely and build the entire site on something like With Joy?

Yes. As Squarespace doesn't have an RSVP function, you could choose either of those.

If you've built a site on Squarespace and just want to add an RSVP function, you can embed a service. 

If you haven't started building your site yet, you may find that a wedding specific platform would be better at meeting your needs.