Removing Black Space with Responsive Banner

Site URL: https://www.litworld.org/demohomepage

Hi all,

The banner we have on our soon-to-be homepage looks great at full-width, but we're having a problem with making it responsive. Whenever the window is made smaller or when previewed on mobile, instead of cropping to the width of the page, the banner stays the same dimensions but these black bars appear (attached are screenshots of what it looks like at full width and when cropped). Ideally, we'd like the banner to zoom in on part of the photo instead of having those black bars appear. I'm not sure if it's because of the text we have on top of the image, but if anyone can help, that would be very much appreciated!

Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 4.30.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 4.30.24 PM.png

Hello!

I can actually see the banner bars on Desktop as well. If nobody has replied by tomorrow morning, I will take a look and help in whatever way I can. Apologies as I'm on a train and will soon lose connection.

Also, I like the message/objective here! Just finished building a non-profit website for a maternal and infant health organization in the Democratic Republic of Congo for a client recently and love what you've got going here. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help. Free of charge of course.

Best,

Daniel

18 hours ago, Wolfsilon said:

Hello!

I can actually see the banner bars on Desktop as well. If nobody has replied by tomorrow morning, I will take a look and help in whatever way I can. Apologies as I'm on a train and will soon lose connection.

Also, I like the message/objective here! Just finished building a non-profit website for a maternal and infant health organization in the Democratic Republic of Congo for a client recently and love what you've got going here. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help. Free of charge of course.

Best,

Daniel

@Wolfsilon

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for helping troubleshoot! When you say you can see the banner bars on desktop, do you mean the black bars still appearing on the top/bottom (and sides) of the image? I've noticed the same thing and wasn't sure if that's how it's supposed to work or if there's something we've been missing.

Also, thank you for the kind offer! It makes a huge difference, especially for smaller nonprofits like us. 🙂  We're in the midst of redoing our site to make it a bit more user-friendly and clear, so any help would be very much appreciated. If it's any easier, you can also feel free to email me at Hannahpolauf@litworld.org.

Again, thank you!