How can I get rid of the spacing so that "blog" and "contact" are in the same format as the first 3 listed??

Go to solution Solved by tcp13,

• Replies 17
  • Views 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm.... could you give us a screenshot of the text block while it is being edited?

I'm seeing what looks like some funky code in the page.

841805360_ScreenShot2021-11-05at7_36_59PM.png.60d53bcb1d8f690d5ec9b59c9b14aa1b.png

I'm thinking you may have run into a bug in the rich text editor that several others have run into recently. The solution has been to redo the text block over again as trying to correct the exiting one seems not to work well.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• Solution
On 11/5/2021 at 2:48 PM, cromero311 said:

How can I get rid of the spacing

Press Shift + Enter to bump down a single line, instead of just Enter to create a new paragraph.

Edited by tcp13

The above post may be outdated. I’m no longer active in the Squarespace ecosystem, so I won’t see your direct messages. For better resources about web accessibility, I’ve documented some of my thoughts on my forum profile.

• 1 year later...
12 minutes ago, samcim said:

I need to get this figured out…

Have you restarted your browser, computer, hubs/routers, and etc?

Have you tried both shift-enter and shift-return? They should both the do the same thing but you never know.

Have you tried creating a fresh text block and even a new page with a new text block. I've seen a few reports and experienced over the years were a text block just gets messed up.

Let us know how it goes.

Edited by creedon

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

2 hours ago, samcim said:

I restarted my device, have tried creating a new text block and new page, still doesn’t work.

Do you have custom CSS, JavaScript, and etc. installed? If so has it been installed since you were able to use shift-return?

• Eunice_SQSP changed the title to How can I get rid of the spacing so that "blog" and "contact" are in the same format as the first 3 listed??