Mobile Site Title Line Break - Brine Template 7.0

Site URL: http://www.goldentemplehealing.com

Hi,

The site title "Golden Temple Healing" that is listed in white on the flower Hero Banner looks fine and has all three words in one row on Desktop, Tablet, and even in the Squarespace Mobile preview; however, on my iPhone via Safari browser, the title is breaking so it looks like the attached photo.  The title is listed as "Golden Temple Heal-" and then "ing" is on the next line down. 

Does anyone know custom CSS or if there is a way to help with the line break for mobile specifically?  I don't want to change it for any of the other formats besides mobile.  This website was built in the Brine 7.0 template.  I'm new to Squarespace so simple directions would be very helpful, especially if you provide custom CSS code.  

Thank you so much!!!

MariMobileFromSafariBrowser (1).png

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/4/2021 at 4:06 AM, MariG said:

Site URL: http://www.goldentemplehealing.com

Hi,

The site title "Golden Temple Healing" that is listed in white on the flower Hero Banner looks fine and has all three words in one row on Desktop, Tablet, and even in the Squarespace Mobile preview; however, on my iPhone via Safari browser, the title is breaking so it looks like the attached photo.  The title is listed as "Golden Temple Heal-" and then "ing" is on the next line down. 

Does anyone know custom CSS or if there is a way to help with the line break for mobile specifically?  I don't want to change it for any of the other formats besides mobile.  This website was built in the Brine 7.0 template.  I'm new to Squarespace so simple directions would be very helpful, especially if you provide custom CSS code.  

Thank you so much!!!

MariMobileFromSafariBrowser (1).png

Have you solved it? I've checked and it seems find currently

image.png.a8b61b99dbb00760119a54e33438fc69.png

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date format)
💫 Animated Buttons (Referral URL)
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

11 hours ago, MariG said:

Hi,

Thank you for checking.  No, the title is still breaking on my iPhone 11.  What version are you looking on?  

Try adding this to Design > Custom CSS

p,h1,h2,h3 {
    -webkit-hyphens: manual !important;
    -moz-hyphens: manual !important;
    -ms-hyphens: manual !important;
    hyphens: manual !important
}

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 4 months later...
17 hours ago, freeto said:

I am having the same issue! I don't know custom CSS very well - does it matter where I copy the code into the Custom CSS section?

Yes. Anywhere in Custom CSS. But you should add to top or bottom of Custom CSS box.

Also, it looks like you are using custom code to add dropdown accordion? SS has already accordion block, so you can add it without using code

Or send to forum message

• 1 year later...
On 9/27/2023 at 12:32 PM, NickyNZ said:

When I am editing my site, it looks fine in mobile view but when I look at the site live on my iPhone this is how it appears. It breaks the word into another line - how do I keep words together?

website text heading.png

Try this CSS to remove hyphen

p,h1,h2,h3, body * {
    -webkit-hyphens: manual !important;
    -moz-hyphens: manual !important;
    -ms-hyphens: manual !important;
    hyphens: manual !important
}

Or send to forum message