Subscription Pricing with offer discount on One Year Plan payable at once

Site URL: https://www.xystema.com/pricing

Hello there!

I am offering services under subscription/retainer payment arrangement. I offered 30% discount for the yearly plan one-time payment.

I noticed that Squarespace don't accept one-time payment for my discounted yearly plan. Instead, it offers to automatically renew every end of the month. This doesn't work with me. I am afraid that after giving the discount they unsubscribe before one-year commitment.

Anyone here who has the same issue as mine? How did you manage? Or what is the work-around you did?

I will appreciate any help here.

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, evearley said:

@Ciodensky Many thanks on the renewal bit - but to clarify - how did you offer monthly vs. yearly - two separate products? I was looking for a way to add an option on the product page - perhaps a second button - for a link to the one-off payment. 

Apologies if this is basic - I'm new to this!

Screenshot (213).png

@evearley it depends, I did not use the product page. Instead I customized a page separately and use the product block. With that, you can create 2 same products and one "every 1 month" and the other "every 12 months", put the 2 product buttons (only, see the design tab of the product block) with monthly and yearly. You can freely design the page using the product block.

9 hours ago, evearley said:

how did you offer monthly vs. yearly - two separate products?

If you're selling membership of a Member Areas, there's a built in feature to show two fees - for example yearly and monthly. The options appear in the sign up block. Prospective members click their preferred fee option before clicking the join button.

For set amount membership fees, site visitors distinguish between the two options based on the number of payments required. For recurring membership fees, visitors distinguish between the two options based on the fee frequency (weekly, monthly, or yearly).

Member_SU_Blocks_Fees.png

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.