Video cover page

Site URL: https://www.tukephotos.com

Hi when adding a video with the 7.0 Squarespace you was able to have cover pages, now with 7.1 you cannot have cover pages so I wondering can you edit your background videos to fit the full length of the website page or do you need css or html code to do it? I have tried both attempts and failed as my html code would not source the video , so it would just come up blank on squarespace. If I cannot fit the full length of the website can I at least edit my video to fit inside the container and not get cut off, some of my photos in the video i made get cut off because of this "full bleed" option even when clicking on insert it still does not help. Also I do not want to embed my video like posting it on YouTube I want it to autoplay and loop in the background, I am able to accomplish this in visual studio but not squarespace

16 hours ago, DrizzyDre said:

when adding a video with the 7.0 Squarespace you was able to have cover pages, now with 7.1 you cannot have cover pages so I wondering can you edit your background videos to fit the full length of the website page

You can upload a background video (less than 60 seconds) directly to a section background on Squarespace 7.1. For more information see: Uploading videos to your site.

To make the video full-width and full-height (like a cover page) you will need to add some CSS, but if you post a link to the page when you've added the video, the community should be able to guide you.

If this post has helped you, please click a 'Like' or 'Thanks' icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.