Vimeo videos not full screen / full bleed anymore

Go to solution Solved by bripin79,

Site URL: https://www.brianpineda.com

Hi everyone,

Recently on my videos, when I click the full screen icon it will not go full screen, instead you see the header of my website. This has been a recent change, it wasn't like this a few months back. I have not changed anything on my end, any ideas?

Here is a link to a video along with a screenshot:

https://www.brianpineda.com/hagendazs

Really appreciate any help, thanks!

Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 1.18.53 PM.png

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, bripin79 said:

Recently on my videos, when I click the full screen icon it will not go full screen

When I checked it was working for me on the link you provided. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Then I recommend you pick this up with Vimeo support.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 3 months later...
  • Solution

Hi Paul2009, I'm bringing this thread back to life. I tried using other Squarespace templates and my video works fine, it seems something change in the LANGE design that made my videos not be able to go full screen. Is this something you can help me with? I did not change anything on my end recently.

thanks

-Brian

18 hours ago, bripin79 said:

Hi Paul2009, I'm bringing this thread back to life. I tried using other Squarespace templates and my video works fine, it seems something change in the LANGE design that made my videos not be able to go full screen. Is this something you can help me with? I did not change anything on my end recently.

thanks

-Brian

Hi. The video looks fullbleed here?

https://www.brianpineda.com/hagendazs

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Hi @tuanphan,

yes the video is full bleed in the preview, but once you hit the play button (using Safari), I still see the header of my website on the top, and not full black. Any idea on how to fix this? It works fine in Chrome, but will not go fullscreen in Safari, I have tried on multiple computers using Safari.

thanks!

On 2/1/2022 at 3:12 AM, bripin79 said:

Hi @tuanphan,

yes the video is full bleed in the preview, but once you hit the play button (using Safari), I still see the header of my website on the top, and not full black. Any idea on how to fix this? It works fine in Chrome, but will not go fullscreen in Safari, I have tried on multiple computers using Safari.

thanks!

It is inside video

image.thumb.png.9b3390d5426b6946025fec705dfa9255.png

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)