Turning image block into slideshow CSS

Site URL: https://perch-strawberry-tesd.squarespace.com/config/pages

Hi all, hoping someone can help me code an image block to turn into a slideshow. I am aware of the gallery slideshow option however with using gallery slideshow i cannot get the dimentions i would require. Also id like to put a text block underneath on the same page but i dont think this is possible when using gallery block.

I have attached an image for reference.

Thanks!

new design.jpg

You'll have several options to achieve the effect you want:

1) Use Custom CSS + Javascript to build your own slideshow

2) Purchase a slideshow plugin - SQSMODS, Will Myers, and Ghost Plugins is where I'd start to look, the latter two used to have free plugins but I'm not sure anymore.

3) Edit existing tools to meet your needs - you could use any of the auto-section banner/slideshow sections and have them auto scroll.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello - What is the slideshow section? The only place I can find a slideshow is on a gallery page, and it won't allow me to add other images.  I want to have my home page feature my pages and have a slideshow, and there's no block that allows me to create a slideshow.

please and thank you!

slideshow.png

Edited by SmallCraftStudio
On 11/5/2021 at 7:59 AM, SmallCraftStudio said:

Hello - What is the slideshow section? The only place I can find a slideshow is on a gallery page, and it won't allow me to add other images.  I want to have my home page feature my pages and have a slideshow, and there's no block that allows me to create a slideshow.

please and thank you!

slideshow.png

Do you use SS 7.0 or 7.1?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 1 year later...
On 3/6/2023 at 11:53 PM, Dagoddez said:

Is there a way to convert each image into a slideshow where people can scroll through multiple photos without leaving the page?

www.costacollectioncr.com/villas-and-condos

Thank you in advance!

image.png

You can change List Simple to List Carousel

Or send to forum message

Hello @tuanphan. Thanks for your response! I don't want to turn all those photos into a single carousel/slideshow. I'm looking for a way to make each photo its own slideshow (see photo). In other words, I want to add a block that is a slideshow that can go beside another block that is a slideshow, etc. The only option I see is to add a whole section as a slideshow that goes all the way across the page. I want the slideshows to go beside each other within the same section.

image.png.687ff481565bdfe3e702c779c675f1b6.png

On 3/15/2023 at 3:43 AM, Dagoddez said:

Hello @tuanphan. Thanks for your response! I don't want to turn all those photos into a single carousel/slideshow. I'm looking for a way to make each photo its own slideshow (see photo). In other words, I want to add a block that is a slideshow that can go beside another block that is a slideshow, etc. The only option I see is to add a whole section as a slideshow that goes all the way across the page. I want the slideshows to go beside each other within the same section.

image.png.687ff481565bdfe3e702c779c675f1b6.png

The only way is use Gallery Block, but currently It is available on Circle Member account only. You can send me a private message & add me as a contributor, I can add it for you then you can edit it (you can edit, but you won't able to create new one)

Or send to forum message