Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

How to hide page gallery/banner title for Lincoln template

StephenMcGowan2019

Question

Site URL: http://www.mcgowanweddings.co.uk

Hi all,

I'm looking to hide the title (and maybe the description) of the images in my gallery pages so that I can better use the alt tags.

// If you visit my website and view the header banner, you'll probably notice the problem 🙂  //

I'm using the Lincoln Theme and I have a gallery page of six images which slides across the screen. I want to SEO the banner images as my homepage is ranking poorly in my local area and I want to improve this.

My website is: www.mcgowanweddings.co.uk

I don't think anyone wants to read 'photo of bride and groom kissing surrounded by friends and family.' etc.

Any advice?  I'm assuming I need a code workaround?

Many thanks, Stephen

5 answers to this question

2 hours ago, StephenMcGowan2019 said:

Site URL: http://www.mcgowanweddings.co.uk

Hi all,

I'm looking to hide the title (and maybe the description) of the images in my gallery pages so that I can better use the alt tags.

// If you visit my website and view the header banner, you'll probably notice the problem 🙂  //

I'm using the Lincoln Theme and I have a gallery page of six images which slides across the screen. I want to SEO the banner images as my homepage is ranking poorly in my local area and I want to improve this.

My website is: www.mcgowanweddings.co.uk

I don't think anyone wants to read 'photo of bride and groom kissing surrounded by friends and family.' etc.

Any advice?  I'm assuming I need a code workaround?

Many thanks, Stephen

Try

.Index-gallery-item-inner h2 {
  display: none;
}

Let me know if it works properly on your site

Support me by pressing 👍 if this useful for you

Greeting, it's BaNgan from BeyondSpace, I am Squarespace dev focus on provide solutions to enhance feature that squarespace.com can't provide.
Feel free to check my current Squarespace Plugins Developement: Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox, Delivery Date Picker, Youtube Gallery for Squarespace
If you find my answer fit your need, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you

My testing result

image.thumb.png.0767ef73321809ebffe851b46ddd032e.png

Greeting, it's BaNgan from BeyondSpace, I am Squarespace dev focus on provide solutions to enhance feature that squarespace.com can't provide.
Feel free to check my current Squarespace Plugins Developement: Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox, Delivery Date Picker, Youtube Gallery for Squarespace
If you find my answer fit your need, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you