Need an admin controlled calendar plugin for an HOA - advice?

Hey, hive mind - need some advice. I am building a site for a local homeowners association, and they want to have a page on their site where members can make a reservation for the on site party barn. Residents would logon, go to a calendar and submit an event request which would then go to an admin. If the space is open and the admin approves it, it pops onto the public calendar so all residents can see it.

Right now, I have only been able to tell them we would have to have a resident submit a form and the admin would have to manually add it to the Calendar widget on the site.

I have looked at Calendly and such, but that is really geared to appointment setting and doesn't have a public calendar option that shows (that I can find). Any one have suggestions?

• 1 month later...
On 10/27/2021 at 1:19 AM, michellenewmanmarketing said:

Hey, hive mind - need some advice. I am building a site for a local homeowners association, and they want to have a page on their site where members can make a reservation for the on site party barn. Residents would logon, go to a calendar and submit an event request which would then go to an admin. If the space is open and the admin approves it, it pops onto the public calendar so all residents can see it.

Right now, I have only been able to tell them we would have to have a resident submit a form and the admin would have to manually add it to the Calendar widget on the site.

I have looked at Calendly and such, but that is really geared to appointment setting and doesn't have a public calendar option that shows (that I can find). Any one have suggestions?

I think you can use the public api of your current scheduling service and display the events using javascript plugin called full calendar

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date format)
💫 Animated Buttons (Referral URL)
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

On 10/27/2021 at 1:19 AM, michellenewmanmarketing said:

I used similiar technique to query Squarespace Scheduling (Acuity) available slots

chrome-capture (9).gif

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date format)
💫 Animated Buttons (Referral URL)
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!