Is it true that Form block Select options must be added one-by-one?

My recollection is that the interface for adding Select options to a Form block used to be a text area where each line would become an option in the dropdown.

Now it appears that each option must be entered individually. This becomes quite cumbersome if you want to have a dropdown with 51 options (say, 50 U.S. states plus DC). Currently I am being asked to add a state dropdown to 10 forms so I will have to add 510 options one-by-one.

Also of note, when editing the options it is not apparent that they can be dragged/dropped to reorder them (they can). 

I would love it if I am missing something obvious.

Edited by kirkroberts
  • kirkroberts changed the title to Is it true that Form block Select options must be added one-by-one?
  • Replies 2
  • Views 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, kirkroberts said:

My recollection is that the interface for adding Select options to a Form block used to be a text area where each line would become an option in the dropdown. 

You're exactly right! You used to be able to paste a long list of entries in one go, but since the new block editor UI was introduced you must paste each line manually. It's a recurring nightmare, especially for standardised lists like states, countries, template names and so on.

We had hoped that the issues with the Form Block Editor UI would be resolved by now, but it's taking longer than expected.

If this post has helped you, please click a 'Like' or 'Thanks' icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

5 hours ago, paul2009 said:

You're exactly right!

If this post has helped you, please click a 'Like' or 'Thanks' icon below  ⬇️

Blech. Sometimes it is bad to be right. I wonder what problems the new interface is fixing, or if it was a case of inappropriate standardization with other interfaces like categories and tags. Definitely a big step backward in usability where longer and/or frequently applied option lists are needed.