Why is the site logo image inside H1 tags?

Site URL: https://www.mouthmedianetwork.com/

When I run our site through various SEO analysis tools, it keeps getting flagged with the error that we have more than one H1 tag on our pages.

I looked at the page source, and for some reason the "logoImage" has H1 tags around it.

I don't know if we're being penalized for this in search or not, but it sure sets off a lot of alarms on the analysis platforms (largely screpy.com).

Is there a quick fix for this by inserting some code?

Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 5.07.53 PM.png

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This element error wouldn't be the sole cause to effect your overall SEO ranking. It would have already crawled your page and discovered the headers and titles. Each program is different in how it ranks your SEO though.

According to my results, your biggest struggle seems to be more about loading times for scripts, images, and CSS. You can get a better idea about what's jamming you up using PageSpeed insights too.

seoaudit.png

On 10/25/2021 at 10:12 PM, c137555 said:

We have more than one H1 tag on our pages. I don't know if we're being penalized for this in search

This doesn't negatively affect SEO.

You can improve things by reducing your image file sizes. These currently account for over 60% (1.7MB) of the content when loading your homepage.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Yeah, image compression is on my list. Rewriting a bunch of pages first though. Thank you.

Not sure how to pair down the scripts, a lot of that extra code seems to come from Squarespace itself.

The H1 tags around the logo image are still going to bug me though. They shouldn't be there. How do I fix that?

Edited by c137555
32 minutes ago, FashionTechGuru said:

Not sure how to pair down the scripts, a lot of that extra code seems to come from Squarespace itself.

Squarespace are taking steps to improve overall performance but there is nothing you can do to reduce the size or increase the performance of the built-in scripts. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.