Looking for a serious ecommerce sites (with mobile sales) for a UX improvement study

Hi folks!

I'd love to have a chat with Squarespace ecommerce store owners that have lot of mobile traffic and sales.

EDIT:
Added a short video to explain this better 🙂

What's this about?

The thing I've been considering for a long time, is that as a UX Designer with 10+ years of experience, I find it very likely that the Squarespace built-in navigation menu is a very bad user experience for mobile users, will hurt sales, BUT could be massively improved with a few quick CSS edits. 

Hidden navigation annoys users, creates bad user experience and will hurt your business

There is a massive amount of studies done on web site navigation patterns. Others create a better user experience (and make more sales) and others create a confusing experience and lead to less sales. 

For example, the leading UX Consulting company in the world Nielsen Norman Group has concluded that so-called Hamburger Menus and Hidden Navigation Hurt UX Metrics – in a nutshell using hidden (hamburger) navigation will hurt any company that uses them. Ouch!

The Next web found that Side drawer navigation could be costing you half your user engagement. This test was done in an app, but the design is similar. Basically,  users used the app a lot less with the hamburger navigation. 

If you noticed Spotify moving to bottom tabs after using the hamburger navigation, they also did a test competing between both designs and noticed a massive improvement when removing the hamburger navigation. 

John Constine asked us to "Kill The Hamburger Button" with convincing arguments. I kinda agree with John. 

The problems of hidden navigation
- Out of sight, out of mind.  Users simply might not click your menu, and won't go to your important sub-pages, like "Shop" -page. So they're more likely to just leave your site.
- User cannot use menu to see on which page they are. Usually the active page is underlined or different color. 
- Needs more clicks, which is annoying. 

Better hamburger icon = more sales
Another thing. I believe the two lined icon used by Squarespace might also hurt your sales even if we'd keep the menu behind a button.
There's been several tests that try out different icons, colors and combination. A better icon has been noticed to actually increase sales. Those studies could indicate that the light 2-lined hamburger Squarespace uses is likely to cost you sales.

What are you after....?
I would like to run a (free of charge) A/B test on few Squarespace commerce sites. A/B -testing means designin better navigation, showing that to 50% of your visitors, comparing results with the original and checking which one creates more interactions and sales. 

My own ecommerce site has only desktop users so I cannot really test on my own site as they all get the good normal menu.

This would be a 100% free of charge consulting, and is very likely to increase your sales. And we'd all learn something very important. 

Why are you doing free work..?
I'm obsessed with user experience design, and instead of debating with people I love to have actual objective data so no one can argue with me 😄 I'm now writing an in-depth blog post study on the subject. If the test proves to be a success (which I think is so likely that I'm willing to do some free work to investigate) I'll turn this into a product that will increase sales of any Squarespace ecommerce site using it.

I'm In.
Curious and interested in making more sales with almighty UX Design?
Hit me up at beta[ät]codeandtonic.com

(I hope this is allowed. I'm not selling anything and will share all results here for free, so I'd assume  it is.)

Edited by codeandtonic
added a video

Freelance Squarespace developer making plugins like Full-Width Blocks, Hover effects for grid gallery and the Darkmode plugin. I know Squarespace inside out and I'm able to solve pretty much any Squarespace code problem.

Get in touch here!