Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

add paypal credit options to shopping cart?

Site URL: https://www.phelpsrefinishing.com/

My client's competitors offer PayPal credit options right in the shopping cart -- to spread interest-free payments over 4 months (Pay In 4) or 6 months. Is this possible in Squarespace? If not, is there a viable workaround that preserves the standard shopping cart? Inventory management isn't an issue for my client as he handles it a different way.

There are other "split payment" options available besides PayPal. My client just already uses PayPal so that's the first choice if it can work. He does have a button link on his site that leads to the 6-month credit option.

Any way at all to add a credible interest-free payment option to a squarespace site?

2 hours ago, CatherineJoMorgan said:

My client's competitors offer PayPal credit options right in the shopping cart -- to spread interest-free payments over 4 months (Pay In 4) or 6 months. Is this possible in Squarespace?

Squarespace still uses the old PayPal integration (we're waiting for the newer one!) so whilst Squarespace does support PI4 (PI3 in the UK) this isn't obvious to customers because no "Pay-in-4" messaging appears until a US-based PayPal user logs in to their PayPal account on the checkout page [of a US-based site]. If you enable PayPal you should be able to confirm that this works. If required, custom code could be used to add PI4 messaging to product pages in the same way that AfterPay messaging currently does.

If this post has helped you, please click a 'Like' or 'Thanks' icon below  ⬇️

sf-digital-signature-logo-email145.png.46606a2288a2847f44d81b9b7b58f3a5.png
Hi! I'm Paul, an independent Squarespace Consultant since 2007 and founder of SF Digital, building the features that Squarespace didn't include. Our mini-extensions allow you to pick dates in any format, show prices in other currencies, take orders without payment or improve your cartI value honesty, integrity, transparency and respect . Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.

2 hours ago, CatherineJoMorgan said:

Will Paypal supply the code, or do I need someone to write it for us? Does the code go on each separate product listing? Or just on the product page as a whole?

PayPal supply the code for the messaging (see Add Pay Later messages). You may need developer help to make it Squarespace specific.

The buy-now, pay-later messaging is generally added to product detail pages and the cart. Take a look at a Squarespace site where the main competitor (AfterPay) is being used for examples of BNPL messaging. For example, https://bloom.squarespace.com/shop/p/pumpkin-caramel-scone-17.

Hi! I'm Paul, an independent Squarespace Consultant since 2007 and founder of SF Digital, building the features that Squarespace didn't include. Our mini-extensions allow you to pick dates in any format, show prices in other currencies, take orders without payment or improve your cartI value honesty, integrity, transparency and respect . Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.

Hi Paul I am currently struggling with the same issue (based in the UK). I can see the Paypal instructions for inserting the code but am no developer myself! Could the code be inserted into the product page straight from the Paypal instructions? I notice you said it might need a developer to make it squarespace specific, what does this actually mean? Would any web developer be able to do this? I'm not too sure where to start. Many thanks :)

10 minutes ago, artacademyeast said:

I'm not too sure where to start.

Have you checked that Pay-in-3 is working on your checkout currently (without the messaging)? This is obviously an important step! Also, can you share a link to your site?