Code block auto-closes when I scroll down

It is me, or is this a new and irritating feature in SS? If I am creating a style sheet at the top of a page and I scroll down to view the effect it is having, the code block now auto-closes so I can't view both at the same time.

Does anybody have a workaround for this? Would anybody else like to see this feature removed from code blocks?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The easiest way to add and test styles is to open the Design > Custom CSS panel and add them there. No Code Blocks should be necessary.

Improve your online store with our extensions.
About: Squarespace Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, appreciation and great design ♥.
Work: Squarespace Developer and founder of SF Digital, building the features Squarespace didn't include™.
Content: Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.

Buy me a coffee

16 minutes ago, paul2009 said:

The easiest way to add and test styles is to open the Design > Custom CSS panel and add them there. No Code Blocks should be necessary.

Thanks for your answer, Paul. But Custom CSS applies to the site as a whole. When I am setting a style for an individual page I insert the CSS into a code block at the top of the page. Interestingly, markdown blocks seem not to disappear when scrolling so this might be a workaround.

34 minutes ago, Phobic78 said:

Custom CSS applies to the site as a whole

Sure I understand, but the location of the Custom CSS panel (down the left side of the preview) makes it very useful for making live styling changes that can be cut & paste later. 😎

Improve your online store with our extensions.
About: Squarespace Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, appreciation and great design ♥.
Work: Squarespace Developer and founder of SF Digital, building the features Squarespace didn't include™.
Content: Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.

Buy me a coffee