Syncing Inventories across 2 or more squarespace sites

Site URL: https://www.takipets.com

Hi there, is there a service, app, or plugin that allows me to sync my inventories across 2 or more square space sites?

The main company runs takipets.com, and some of its products are sold in their sister company nude seafood.com.

Let me know if there's a quick and easy way or do I have to rely on hiring a developer to do that. 

3 hours ago, Avin said:

Site URL: https://www.takipets.com

Hi there, is there a service, app, or plugin that allows me to sync my inventories across 2 or more square space sites?

The main company runs takipets.com, and some of its products are sold in their sister company nude seafood.com.

Let me know if there's a quick and easy way or do I have to rely on hiring a developer to do that. 

Squarespace has trunk extension to sync the inventory, not sure if it support multi ss sites

In case it not, I think you can take advantage of squarespace api to sync between sites

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date format)
💫 Animated Buttons (Referral URL)
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

8 hours ago, Avin said:

Is there a service, app, or plugin that allows me to sync my inventories across 2 or more square space sites?

The short answer - there isn't a cost effective way to do this.

The longer answer...

As @bangank36 mentioned, there's a Squarespace extension available called Trunk Inventory that can do this, but you must pay a reasonably high monthly subscription to use it ($35+ per month), depending on the number of orders. 

Trunk manages to do this by using the Inventory API, so it possible for a developer to build their own solution to do this instead of using Trunk. However, they'd need to build, test and deploy their own custom code on a third-party server and this would then need to be maintained and supported on an ongoing basis - hence the costs.

Did this post help? If yes, please click a 'Like' or 'Thanks' icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Regarding to other low-code automation in the market, I recommend Integromat for their fully support of squarespace commerce api, you can listen to new order event and trigger an api call to update other site's inventory

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

Hey @Avin, Michaela from Integromat here 👋

Just like @bangank36is suggesting, you can totally achieve this with Integromat.

Don't worry, I'm not stepping in to give you the exact same answer, hahah 😅 I just thought I'd go ahead and share a link to Integromat's Squareaspace integration so that you can check out its features and functionality.

Like mentioned above, if there is a pre-configured action/trigger missing, you can always go for the 'Make an API Call' option since it allows you to work with anything that's reachable within the Squarespace API 🙂

If you'd like to test Integromat out and see what the options are for yourself, you can sign up for a free account and start exploring the automation magic 🤓

On 10/25/2021 at 8:53 AM, Michaela_Staffova said:

you can totally achieve this with Integromat.

Are you planning on providing a set of actions/triggers to allow Squarespace users like @Avin to use Make (formally Integromat) for this specific purpose? I ask because it doesn’t currently exist. 

Without this, Integromat will be of no use to a typical business owner who does not have Data Analyst or Developer skills and yet wants to manage stock levels for different products.

Edited by paul2009
Integromat became Make

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

4 hours ago, Michaela_Staffova said:

Hey @Avin, Michaela from Integromat here 👋

Just like @bangank36is suggesting, you can totally achieve this with Integromat.

Don't worry, I'm not stepping in to give you the exact same answer, hahah 😅 I just thought I'd go ahead and share a link to Integromat's Squareaspace integration so that you can check out its features and functionality.

Like mentioned above, if there is a pre-configured action/trigger missing, you can always go for the 'Make an API Call' option since it allows you to work with anything that's reachable within the Squarespace API 🙂

If you'd like to test Integromat out and see what the options are for yourself, you can sign up for a free account and start exploring the automation magic 🤓

I just recheck my scenarios and notice squarespace connection is broken, could you confirm it is working?

image.thumb.png.4660a6972dab373ff4361e422daca756.png

Hey @paul2009, thanks for the question! I've discussed this with some folks over here at Integromat who are way more technical than I am and they confirmed that what @Avinis looking to do should in fact be achievable with the pre-made Squarespace modules.

It would, however, be most helpful if we could get more details about the use case so that we can thoroughly investigate the possibilities and so that we can also point @Avinin the right direction here 😊

Oh and hi @bangank36! I checked with our Support team and was assured that there currently does not seem to be an issue with the Squarespace integration. I'm certain you've already tried creating a new connection. If that didn't work, feel free to open a ticket with our Support who will be more than happy to help sort this out 🙂