Remove "Sold" notice from items.

Site URL: http://www.AntoineArt.com

I'm an artist selling paintings. Artwork at my studio is available for purchase from my website. However, items on consignment to galleries are only available from them. I would like to put a notice "Available from..." and remove the price and "Sold" from the page. For example: https://www.antoineart.com/nude-figure-paintings/levitate-iii  So the items are not Sold, just not currently available directly from me.

Help would be highly appreciated!!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I suggest adding a consignment tag to each consignment item.

Then add the following to Store Settings > Advanced > Page Header Code Injection for the store page.

<style>

.tag-consignment .ProductItem-details .product-mark.sold-out,
  .tweak-product-item-details-show-price .tag-consignment .ProductItem-details .product-price

{

display : none;

}

</style>

This is for v7.0 using the Brine template family.

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

8 hours ago, AntoineArt said:

Items on consignment to galleries are only available from them. I would like to put a notice "Available from..." and remove the price and "Sold" from the page.

There a number of ways to achieve this, depending how many galleries you consign to and if they are always the same or change often.

For example, do you list the galleries on your site at the moment? 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Thank you for the suggestions!

I think I need to be a bit clearer;
Adding text saying where the piece is consigned to and a link to the gallery I am able to do.
What I struggle with is when I enter that I have "0" available so that someone can not purchase consigned items from my site, the template automatically adds "SOLD". Is there a way I can remove the "Sold" and the price for those items only?

23 hours ago, creedon said:

I suggest adding a consignment tag to each consignment item.

Then add the following to Store Settings > Advanced > Page Header Code Injection for the store page.

<style>

.tag-consignment .ProductItem-details .product-mark.sold-out,
  .tweak-product-item-details-show-price .tag-consignment .ProductItem-details .product-price

{

display : none;

}

</style>

This is for v7.0 using the Brine template family.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you so much for the suggestions!

The closest I could get to your directions is Settings - Advanced - Code Injection. There I added your code to the header but it had no effect. I must have done something wrong.

Edited by AntoineArt

I don't see the code installed on your site or a consignment tag added to the product you cited. Without the code and tag added the code won't work.

To add code to a page please see Page settings.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 1 year later...