Hosting Interactive Online Learning Courses on Squarespace

I want to use my site to host a short interactive online learning course created in Articulate RISE. It exports a zip file containing an index file, folder of media assets, lib folder and goodbye.html. I only know enough to be dangerous with code, so kind and patient explanations appreciated. TIA.

Could you describe in more detail what you want to accomplish? Are you wanting to use the assets from the zip file for use in building a Squarespace site? If yes, then one thing to keep in mind is that SS doesn't work like some older site builders where you'd upload HTML and media files up to a server. HTML files from your zip mostly likely will need to be heavily edited before they could be used in SS.

Without being able to see the assets it is hard to be able to give more detailed advice. If the assets can be loaded into the browser it might be easier to get your SS site up in one window and the assets in another and copy and paste content from one to the other. This would be text mostly.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 1 year later...
On 12/3/2022 at 6:03 PM, MGoulbou said:

So to be clear, in order to embed the Rise course in Squarespace the files in the exported zip folder will need to be heavily edited?

Without seeing any of these files I can't say for sure. But my years of experience gives me the sense that they would need to be edited. And to be clear until someone goes through the process no one can say that even editing will work.

You have one more potential option. Upload your files to a file server service like Amazon Web Services Simple Storage Service (AWS s3). Then link them into your SS site.

Edited by creedon

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 5 months later...

I feel smart today 🙂 I just figured out how to host my Articulate Rise course on Amazon AWS (Free Tier) and use that link for my downloaded Rise course on my SquareSpace website.

The setup process on Amazon was not fun or intuitive, but I worked through it. Start here: 

https://aws.amazon.com/getting-started/hands-on/host-static-website/

It also requires a Github repository so it's not for the faint of heart.

Check out: https://www.barbopyt.com/about

Click the resume link near the bottom of the page.

Good luck to you!

Edited by BarbO
added clarity
1 hour ago, BarbO said:

I feel smart today 🙂 I just figured out how to host my Articulate Rise course on Amazon AWS (Free Tier) and use that link for my downloaded Rise course on my SquareSpace website.

Excellent and congratulations! 🎉 Working with AWS and Github ( git ) are certainly challenging. Both S3 and git can be valuable tools to have available for customizing an SS site.

Edited by creedon

1 hour ago, BarbO said:

The setup process on Amazon was not fun or intuitive, but I worked through it. Start here: 

https://aws.amazon.com/getting-started/hands-on/host-static-website/

It also requires a Github repository so it's not for the faint of heart.

Check out: https://www.barbopyt.com/about

Click the resume link near the bottom of the page.

Good luck to you!

thats what came into my mind because articulate generates a static site. which you can host on netlify/github pages or S3, and then embed as iframe into your SS site.