Validation for new Squarespace backup app

Site URL: https://probackup.io/

Hi Squarespace community,

My company probackup.io has built a safe & easy-to-use backup app for popular cloud apps such as Asana, Airtable and Monday.com. It offers daily, automated backups, advanced restore capabilities and a daily sync to Google Sheets.  

We have had some customers request to roll-out our backup solution for Squarespace as well. 

Before proceeding on integrating with Squarespace, we are looking to get as much validation as to whether any use cases pertaining to backup, restore or undo functionality are commonly requested by customers, to help inform our business case and prioritize our roadmap. 

For sure Squarespace does its own backups for redundancy, and offers basic export capabilities, but here are the use cases we have identified from our own customers where we are thinking to add value beyond what the platform already does:

- Extra level of disaster recovery
- Advanced rollback & restoration capabilities 
- Continuous access to business-critical data during service outages

Curious to hear what the community thinks of a potential dedicated backup for Squarespace? Your feedback would be greatly appreciated. 

• 9 months later...

OMG yes! I would add this as a 3rd party app to my client sites in a heartbeat.

I can't believe that no one has responded to this.  This is one of the more common complaints about Squarespace.  They did roll out the Duplicate site feature, but it's certainly not perfect and not automated by any means.  A true backup of SS sites would be fantastic.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes! This is the single reason why I limit the number of websites I build on Squarespace. Clients kills sites once they are handed over, so without daily backup and restore functionality built in, it's just a very risky platform. I would definitely use your tool if it had back up and restore functionality on a site AND page by page basis.

I just found this & am definitely intrigued!

I've had some clients ask about something like this because they're afraid to "mess up" their new website when they start updating on their own. For one or two, I've had to tell them that I could make a copy to have as a backup, which work 'enough' but wouldn't be exact copy as it wouldn't pull over some customizations from tools like SquareKicker in the duplicate, etc. For others, I've copied the pages they were most concerned about and put the duplicates in a folder on their website, turned of search engine indexing for each of the copies, etc. Both of which aren't ideal solutions, but it did help give them peace of mind. 🙃

Katelyn Dekle
YOUTUBE  BLOG

ltdt®-main-full-color-rgb-500px-w-72ppi.png