Problems with Lodgify 'Search Box' External widget on homepage (Tremont Template)

Site URL: http://www.puravidaecolodge.com

Squarespace says it doesn't offer support using custom code as it is an advanced modification. 

Has anyone successfully used a Lodgify 'Search Box' External widget on their homepage. I'm thinking that maybe it doesnt work (it doesnt even appear visually) because of the Tremont template I have in place. Can anyone suggest another template where this widget will work with. Essentially just want to have the search box widget in the middle of the home page. Please help

Thanks

Joe

30 minutes ago, bambu said:

Has anyone successfully used a Lodgify 'Search Box' External widget

Yes. It's usually pretty straightforward to add a Lodgify calendar to any Squarespace site that's on a Business plan or above.

Please check you aren't on a Personal Plan and then direct us to the page where you've inserted the Code Block and added the embed code that Lodgify supplied?

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Thanks for reaching out. Yes, it's a business account. At the moment, I have taken the external widget off the home page as it was interfering with the navigation title of the home page (and displaying over it and not functioning properly etc). But I have successfully added it (temporarily) to the bottom/footer of every page (below newsletter). Please see link - https://www.puravidaecolodge.com/the-retreat

Ideally I wanted it on the middle of the banner photo of the home page, but maybe it didnt work properly as I have the three text buttons (Retreat, Experience & Lifestyle) on homepage as per Tremont Template? What d'you think? I'd be happy to try another template or even lose the three Text buttons altogether (as they're all in main navigation bar anyway) if it meant I could incorporate this external widget properly...

thanks in advance

Tremont is very styles and this makes it quite a restrictive template. It would be so much easier to add this to the banner on a Brine-family template. You can test this out by temporarily switching templates or starting a new trial just to test it out.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Katsideas said:

I embedded the widget from lodgify but it does not show up instantly only if the person is reloading the page.

Which scripts have you added and where have you added them (code block, header, footer etc)?

Hi Paul thank you so much for the very quick response! I actually just found after two weeks the solution. I have added a code block. And now found out when I disable AJAX loading (you can find it under design and site style) it solved the problem and is loading right away! Hope this helps others as well.

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, Bethany-GS said:

I'm having the same problem, but with version 7.1

As a community, we love to help but it's not always easy for us to understand what isn't working. To help us see the issue first hand, please provide us with a working link to your website. If the site isn't live, please also set a site password in the visibility settings and tell us what it is. If the issue isn't immediately obvious a screenshot may also help, but the link to the site is essential.

Edited by paul2009

• 3 months later...

I am also trying to install a Lodgify Search Box on the home page of a new site:

https://pinantanlakeresort.squarespace.com
password: pinantan

I added the code from lodgify into a code block.

The block appears just fine but when entering details and selecting the search button nothing happens. I disabled all added css code on the site and it still didn't work. 
I also created a new trial site as a test, added the same code block, and it worked just fine. 
Any idea what the problem could be?

**UPDATE**
I discovered it's a javascript code I added to the Footer code injection. It works fine if I remove the added code. I hope that helps someone encountering the same issue.

Edited by CBdesigns