reserve button and interface

Hi, I'm trying out square space for  a B&B website.  The Square-space trial deactivates the booking button so i cant examine the interface. Are there examples of real world hotel or B&B sites using a Squarespace template so that I could see this in action?

thank you

Paul

On 10/16/2021 at 10:00 PM, paullowry said:

I'm trying out square space for  a B&B website. Squarespace trial deactivates the booking button so i can't examine the interface.

I'm not sure which Squarespace product are you considering using for B&B bookings or which button you are referring to. Perhaps you can provide some more details, including a working link to the site? If it's not live yet, please set a public password and share it with us too.

Note that Squarespace Scheduling isn’t a good option for B&Bs because it doesn't allow overnight or multi-day bookings without lots of clunky workarounds.

spacer.png

If you're looking for a booking solution that integrates well into a Squarespace website, I recommend a third party product called Lodgify. Please take a look! (This is an affiliate link which will give you their current best price. If you make a purchase I may receive a tiny commission. All opinions remain my own.)

The screenshot above is a Squarespace website with the Lodgify search/calendar tool embedded. It's pretty straightforward to add this to Squarespace because Lodgify provide the embed code for your account, and you can add this to Squarespace using a Code Block. Free trials are available.

Let me know if you have any questions 🙂

If this post has helped you, please click a 'Like' or 'Thanks' icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Hello Paul , thanks for your response. 

If this Willmington Retreat is a screen capture of a squarespace template I missed it. That appears to be more the kind of booking widget I was looking for. Since I have no idea how this is supposed to work if, for example, the info flows in both directions, that is, tells the potential client what is available and when,  it would be great to see this in action on a real world site.  I've been through the templates a couple of times and the closest I found to what I'm looking for was a yoga site with a "book now" button linked to a reservation page. The template was called Colima. If you can direct me to the template that was used for Willmington I will be grateful. 

I'm new to template based web design so, I am still not sure about how much control I can expect to have configuring the form element. Ideally the tool would tell the client what is available and then notify them to contact the owner directly ( rather than actually take the booking) . I've just started,  home page only so far, eventually I would like to have photos of the rooms available on a separate page with pricing and the adjacent "book now" button would carry the data to the the reservation page, ( room and date) or if that is too much to ask, all dynamic "booking" buttons generate an email protocol with a message to contact the owners directly.

the site is here https://pike-smilodon-l9b3.squarespace.com/config/

(really there isn't much yet) I 'm still just trying to figure out image ratio and dimension to force the content to conform to the layout and media query.

password is "enter"

thanks for your help

Paul

NB the site is in french , but that shouldn't matter

Edited by paullowry

Squarespace allows you to build a good looking website, but it doesn't include a built in solution for B&Bs. The Squarespace template you referred to is using their Scheduling addon, but as I mentioned in my earlier answer, this isn't a good option for B&Bs because it doesn't allow bookings than span midnight (in other words, overnight). It's really designed for health, wellness and general appointment bookings.

To use a third party booking solution with Squarespace, the book now button will be provided by the third-party service that you choose, and will show live availability and then take users to the separate booking page (not on Squarespace) to make their booking. The Wilmington Retreat example was a Squarespace site. The booking widget was provided by Lodgify(This is an affiliate link for a product I heartily recommend. If you make a purchase I may receive a tiny commission. All opinions remain my own.)

I hope this helps.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Thanks for the information, actually Updating the website is part of a project to escape booking services, and handle the bookings directly without commission. Lodgify wants a minimum of 12 dollars a month , plus 1.9% commission in addition to the 15% the booking service will take. I am currently trying out a handful of online templates, squarespace is far better at translating design layout through 1.7  to square screens, which Wix does very poorly, but Wix offers a free, direct to client booking app.

thanks for your help

Paul

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Darrengransbury said:

am trying to find a booking system so i can have guests book direct and also update Airbnb and Booking.com etc but struggling to find plugins

My go-to is Lodgify, as recommended in my earlier posts above. 

Lodgify can be embedded on Squarespace for direct bookings. It also has a tool to automatically synchronise bookings, listings, and rates via API integration with booking.com and Airbnb.

On 1/11/2024 at 12:23 PM, paul2009 said:

My go-to is Lodgify, as recommended in my earlier posts above. 

Lodgify can be embedded on Squarespace for direct bookings. It also has a tool to automatically synchronise bookings, listings, and rates via API integration with booking.com and Airbnb.

does it allow me to link to a payment portal also thanks for your help so far appreciate it  

2 hours ago, Darrengransbury said:

does [Lodgify] allow me to link to a payment portal

Lodgify includes a built-in gateway that is separate to Squarespace, but the payment options include Stripe and PayPal.

If you're considering using a service like Lodgify with Squarespace, I'd recommend starting a free 7-day trial to check if it meets your needs 🙂. (The link above is an affiliate link for a product I heartily recommend. If you make a purchase I may receive a tiny commission. All opinions remain my own.)

• 2 weeks later...